The Ruby Rooster

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giles_74

Reaction score
From Hartherwood Craft Beer Company

Only �£0.90p from Lidl, highly recommended I will definitely be back for more.

The price is great as is the ale it's a win win situation :thumb:

image.jpg

Only ��£0.90p from Lidl, highly recommended I will definitely be back for more.

And a free bottle with every, er...bottle

Only ���£0.90p from Lidl, highly recommended I will definitely be back for more.

Tastes like a weaker version of Hobgoblin to me, which given it actually comes from the Wychwood Brewery is no surprise.

I had that pre-label update. the previous label was a cheap bargain basement affair. and most certainly the beer tastes better than the label suggested. now with the 'upmarket' craft label I think the label promises a bit more than the beer can deliver. for 99p the beer is not bad at all. but trying to pretend it's a £2 craft ale is a little cheeky :whistle:

I've just had a BIG JOB from tesco at £2.29 to be fair that does have a lot more stuff in it :-) more hops , more abv more 'crafty'

Tastes like a weaker version of Hobgoblin to me, which given it actually comes from the Wychwood Brewery is no surprise.

I know what you mean. When I tried it (a good while back now) I thought it was like the 4.5% draught Hobgoblin. Didn't know it was made by Wychwood though.... Another one of Marstons mammoth catalogue.

Back