To carb or not to carb

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liamf89

Reaction score
Have imp bourbon barrel aged stout which is ready to go into packaging next week just want to get some peoples opinions on what to do..
Option 1: should I cold crash for couple days and bottle uncarbonated
Option 2:move to keg leave couple weeks in cold drink first two pints too lift any sediment and then bottle with beer gun uncarbonated.
Option 3: same as option 1 but carbonate lightly and bottle condition
Option 4:same as option 2 but lightly carbonate in keg

Opinion please and any other ideas welcome .

I'm going to bottle another RIS soon and I thought about the same thing. My last batch carbed up OK in the bottle with a little sugar but if I was leaving it a long time I might use some yeast for bottling. Have tried bottling without sugar before and did not like the results.
i don't have a beer gun but would surely be a good way of getting the right level of carbonation.

I'm going to bottle another RIS soon and I thought about the same thing. My last batch carbed up OK in the bottle with a little sugar but if I was leaving it a long time I might use some yeast for bottling. Have tried bottling without sugar before and did not like the results.
i don't have a beer gun but would surely be a good way of getting the right level of carbonation.
Yeah that's what I was think with beer gun. Think I want it to have basically no fizz as any of the barrel age beers I have had are basically flat with lots of body also advantage of the beer gun is no sediment in bottles . Is my first imp stout I have done that is aging with oak bourbon and coca nibs

Latest posts

Back