Watches

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a swiss watch in a gold 'Birmingham' Case (hall marked-very nice). A Seiko which is 30 years old and keeps brilliant time - also tells the day in arabic! A watches of switzerland watch which is OK (40 years old) but has a brilliant Teslar -flex strap...worth a few bob, and a very old Swatch which is pretty collectible as well.

This is my latest -

24nqkuv.jpg

Chippy i i like the blue details on the dial.

Here's the pocket watch I got for getting married. Unknown origin, and it needs winding, but a perfect example of how great engineering and skill can be packaged for a low price.

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

I like digital watches but ddon't own one, I only wear my skeleton occasionally as I now struggle to see the time (eyes not what they used to be) Imight treat myself to a digital.

I like digital watches but ddon't own one, I only wear my skeleton occasionally as I now struggle to see the time (eyes not what they used to be) Imight treat myself to a digital.

Or maybe a talking watch. I'll get my coat....

I have a good collection of watches, cheap, retro, expensive and sentimental.

This is my latest purchase

Love these classic Casio digitals, they look tiny on my wrist though, doesnt look quite right when i wear them.

Here's the pocket watch I got for getting married. Unknown origin, and it needs winding, but a perfect example of how great engineering and skill can be packaged for a low price.

Very nice mate, like that second picture

I stopped wearing a watch when I got a mobile phone. Which I never carry anyway. So now I have no idea what time it is anymore.

My pride and joy was a Rado bracelet watch, similar to the one pictured. Dont have it now, lost on holiday in Kefalonia years ago,now probably the pride and joy of some waiter called Speiros or Makis!
I now have a very nice(but much cheaper!) Lorus chronograph

mrmk15BglnmNihOk6L__Kow.jpg

I live a good watch. I have a gold plated seiko, 2 citizen (one of which is their kinetic self charge thingy) and my Garmin Sports watch. I wear the latter most days as it's good for my cycling, running and step counting.

d797e11e7f21c13a905726f37fe3f62d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I have a small collection of casio Gshocks,

I'm a g-shock man too huwb as I spend a fair bit of time in or by the sea & they put up with some abuse! I wear a 9000 mudman or a gax atm, the mudman has been an old faithful after my tag heuer died years ago and I couldn't justify the cost of a service, the gax was bought so I could see the time at a glance either under water, at work, in a hurry, in the dark etc.... and a bargain at the price :thumb:

IMG_0747.jpg

and yes I took the photo quarter of an hour ago when I went for more beer :lol:

Thinking about getting a new smart watch... decisions decisions!

LG G Watch R.

Hate it, any watch that has to be charged every night is a pita

da18c8daa97b41b05eff917948d20ed2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

LG G Watch R.

Hate it, any watch that has to be charged every night is a pita

da18c8daa97b41b05eff917948d20ed2.jpg

I'll avoid that one then! 😂

My Garmin needs to charge once a week which I find acceptable. I think the newer Samsung ones are 3-4 days... not ideal but better than daily I guess.

Once a week would be a lot better. I think those new Samsung ones are around £350. For that kinda cash I think I'd get a proper watch.

It's all the techy extras they offer though that appeal. I do a lot of cycling and running so the extra activity tracking helps save essential phone battery (I.C.E) and also they are handy for when in meetings. I have a lovely citizen I use for special occasions. These are just better for me day to day.

I'm a g-shock man too huwb as I spend a fair bit of time in or by the sea & they put up with some abuse! I wear a 9000 mudman or a gax atm, the mudman has been an old faithful after my tag heuer died years ago and I couldn't justify the cost of a service, the gax was bought so I could see the time at a glance either under water, at work, in a hurry, in the dark etc.... and a bargain at the price :thumb:

IMG_0747.jpg

and yes I took the photo quarter of an hour ago when I went for more beer :lol:

I have G9000 muddy also 😀 one of my faves tbh, buttons quite stiff to press mind.

Been fancying me a smartwatch but not really seen one i fancy and i tend to agree for the prices of them, theres a few other "proper" watches id pefer.

Latest posts

Back