Water Profile - Clatto East (Dundee related)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ezraburke

DIPA Brewer
Reaction score
If anyone is keen to know about the water profile in Dundee (particularly Monifieth and Angus area) i've got data from Scottish Water that may be of use to you. Feel free to PM me for it.

I'm Monifieth - PM will come your way when I'm finished work. I believe @garmel52 is Carnoustie, this might interest him.

Two Monifieth brewers... we really will have to exchange bottles at some point!

You won't want any of the brews I'm currently drinking - a German pale ale kit that was fermented too hot (first time using my brew belt - 15C with the belt off, 24C with the belt on. Eventually I found a timer switch but there are some unwanted flavours), and over carbonated resulting in a bottle bomb; and my first AG (a cascade SMaSH) - I wasn't aware I needed to cool to 80C to stop hop utilisation and left my boiled wort for about 2 hours without cooling first, so it is incredibly bitter without much hop aroma. Both are drinkable but neither will win any prizes!

I have much higher hopes for AG#2 which is my take on Anchor Steam / California Common. Brewed on Saturday and I had a thick krausen by 4pm Sunday!

Is it the same data sheet that you can access from the Scottish Water site or is this different?

It looks to be in more depth, reports from 2013-2016 included.

Send me a PM with an e-mail address and i'll forward it on.

The OP hasn’t been on the forum for nearly 2 years (last seen June 2018) so unlikely he’ll see this.

To be honest I’d completely forgotten about this thread and unfortunately never actually PM’d him. Sorry. Our water is pretty soft and I only ever make pale ales/lagers anyway so I’ve never really thought about water.

@Brew_DD2 did you ever request/get the reports?

All the info you need is on the Scottish Water site. Water quality and Hardness reports have all the metrics you're after.

Latest posts

Back