What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2380.jpeg

I suspect I am becoming somewhat of a Francophile with my preference for French Wine but I really do love Bordeaux this is somewhat ‘thick’ very rich with hints of blackberry and just goes perfectly with Roast Lamb.

Happy Friday.

I know this is getting a bit repetitive but i love I&G Caribbean rum cask so for the third week on the trot i am starting with one, the Shore Leave is a new one on me i dont think i have heard it discussed before which may turn out to be a bad thing, fingers crossed its a decent beer.

I will not be repearing that tonight i really didnt like the Brewdog Shore Leave.

1706981650696.png

Last edited:
View attachment 95361
I suspect I am becoming somewhat of a Francophile with my preference for French Wine but I really do love Bordeaux this is somewhat ‘thick’ very rich with hints of blackberry and just goes perfectly with Roast Lamb.
With you all the way.
I'm a Claret man, SWMBOd's a Burgundy lady.
We compromise by having both in rotation. 🍷🍷

As part of our walk 50 miles in February challenge for Wakefield Hospice we planned a couple of stops.
1st off a pint of Ossett Brewery White Rat only to compare if my own recipe still stands up. 2 miles later several Luddite 1812.
This place is owned, brewed & serve by 3 friends & this beauty uses East Kent Goldings & Jester hops.
IMG_1662.jpeg

I have a suspicion Aldi are being a little cute with their labelling with this beer, looking at the ABV of 6%.
That is low even for a Belgian Blonde.
Biere Tripel are considerably higher at 8 - 10%.
Aldi's labelling is misleading in that it is making more out of the Tripel Grains than the actual beer style.
Hence why it appears thin for a Tripel - it ain't.
Being sneaky I would say.

Just found this The Barmen review on YouTube who confirm this in the title,

Thanks. So.... a good beer but not a true Triple. I enjoyed it and thought it was good value. I haven't drunk enough true Triples to comment on it's authenticity.
I'll buy another one or two for sure.

The adage of things looking too good to be true is proved by this. Got it in Tesco in Welshpool knocked down to £1.13 from £1.80 despite being in date to December this year and 4.5 % ABV. Tasteless at lager temp but warmed up a bit View attachment 95387acceptable but no more.
asad1 Gower and drop bear are the closest breweries to me. so I can confidently say I'm the best brewery in Gowerton :laugh8:

Even their gower power is MEH. Beerriff and tinworks are the best commercial breweries in the area.

Latest posts

Back