What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another beer52 session ipa. In fact it’s all been session and no main course?
IMG_2333.jpeg

IMG_2334.jpeg

They have a lot to say about it, the sabro has no real impact. Reminds me very much of my American ipa which was citra simcoe. This is okay I probably would go for another if it was on tap.

Another beer52 session ipa. In fact it’s all been session and no main course?
View attachment 95395
View attachment 95396
They have a lot to say about it, the sabro has no real impact. Reminds me very much of my American ipa which was citra simcoe. This is okay I probably would go for another if it was on tap.
I had the same box and was left unimpressed. I didn’t buy it though so wasn’t annoyed. They really should pick better beers.

I had the same box and was left unimpressed. I didn’t buy it though so wasn’t annoyed. They really should pick better beers.
I haven’t kept track but the hit rate is maybe 50% for me, I’m still pleased to have a variety to try though. This is box 1 where I paid postage only, will get box 2 with free extension to 10 cans then likely stop. After that maybe put money aside monthly and buy direct from breweries less often, or spend more when on occasional visits?

38C in Melbourne today, about 40C in my backyard. Time for a taste test of my Coopers Sparkling clone against the original.
The colour is quite different, taste, not enough esters from the yeast me thinks.
My thoughts are a higher fermenting temperature than what I fermented at. But, when the lees in both bottles are roused there is a definite resemblance between the two beers apart from the carbonation.
Coopers make a cracking beer whether it be stout, Pale Ale or Sparkling. All with the same yeast.
IMG_0662.JPG

With the Lees disturbed

IMG_0667.JPG

Love the Coopers best after date.

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

So apart from the colour, maybe fermenting temperature not a great deal of difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0664.JPG
    IMG_0664.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0665.JPG
    IMG_0665.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I haven’t kept track but the hit rate is maybe 50% for me, I’m still pleased to have a variety to try though. This is box 1 where I paid postage only, will get box 2 with free extension to 10 cans then likely stop. After that maybe put money aside monthly and buy direct from breweries less often, or spend more when on occasional visits?
Beer52 - I cancelled my subscription some time ago, not needed due to my surplus of home brews.
If your experience is anything like mine (and others) you will get multiple phone calls asking if you want to take up special offers and restart your subscription. I've blocked them now after finding the same experience on the "Who Phoned Me" cold call telephone look-up site.
Just so you know. 🙄

Happy Friday.

I know this is getting a bit repetitive but i love I&G Caribbean rum cask so for the third week on the trot i am starting with one, the Shore Leave is a new one on me i dont think i have heard it discussed before which may turn out to be a bad thing, fingers crossed its a decent beer.

View attachment 95327View attachment 95328
I had shore leave in the BD pub in Glasgow, very nice.

As part of our walk 50 miles in February challenge for Wakefield Hospice we planned a couple of stops.
1st off a pint of Ossett Brewery White Rat only to compare if my own recipe still stands up. 2 miles later several Luddite 1812.
This place is owned, brewed & serve by 3 friends & this beauty uses East Kent Goldings & Jester hops.
View attachment 95385

That story is ringing a bell. Have they recently set up ? Couple of years ago?

Back