What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a bottle of Bohemian Pilsner in my brew fridge since when I brewed it this time last year! Thought it was about time to try it..
IMG_20240512_160929444.jpg

Head is very meringue like and the lager is much better than it was last year. Time has improved this beer significantly.

I’m having an Amber Alert bitter but not before I try my first ever batch of Brut IPA. As things stand today I can’t say I’m a big fan of Brut IPA, at least not the one I brewed, it puts me in mind of hop water. There’s no malt flavour, it’s very dry, not very bitter, and even the hops don’t seem to shine. The cloudiness is actually a billion minuscule bubbles.
IMG_6608.jpeg

This is better, much better!
IMG_6610.jpeg

I’m having an Amber Alert bitter but not before I try my first ever batch of Brut IPA. As things stand today I can’t say I’m a big fan of Brut IPA, at least not the one I brewed, it puts me in mind of hop water. There’s no malt flavour, it’s very dry, not very bitter, and even the hops don’t seem to shine. The cloudiness is actually a billion minuscule bubbles.
View attachment 99334

This is better, much better!
View attachment 99335
I'm guessing that's not your hand Mr H? 😂

IMG_2659.jpeg

Haven’t had this in years but saw it on Amazon basically a ‘Greek Brandy’ (in the sense that it is distilled wine) which is perhaps a tad unfair as it’s very much a drink in its own right. It’s very smooth hints of raisins and orange just very pleasant.

Last edited:
I know the reason for the clean machine hands.........
Mr H, I reckon you mash-in by hand mixing, keeps the hands trim, the skin exfoliated and the undernails scoured out.
I do the same with bread making, sometimes the nails are so ingrained with mechanical grime I find I have to mix up a dough of wholemeal flour bread.
Think about it. 🍞

IMG_20240512_190145.jpg

IMG_20240512_192344.jpg

Mine and SWMBOD'Ss preprandial.
Phew it's been a bit scorchio today.
Gardening for both of us (different gardens), then I've been on an evening 11 mile cycle ride.
Like I needed the exercise!
Mine's my Camden Amber ale, her's is an Italian Primitivo before the lamb is ready.
Checking the wine out as it was, on offer in Tesco, and our daughter is very fond of a Primitivo. 🍺🍷

I know the reason for the clean machine hands.........
Mr H, I reckon you mash-in by hand mixing, keeps the hands trim, the skin exfoliated and the undernails scoured out.
I do the same with bread making, sometimes the nails are so ingrained with mechanical grime I find I have to mix up a dough of wholemeal flour bread.
Think about it. 🍞
Pastry 😂

Latest posts

Back