What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 5th Simcoe APA and might have a nightcap........unsure, JD calling but I might have fallen asleep before I answer the calls.

Bock. Anyone who hasn't brewed a bock needs to get in on this. The best bits of lager and ale combined into one delicious package.
cdvbuMC.jpg
What's the recipe for that bad boy

What's the recipe for that bad boy
It's a bit more complex than the Munich dunkel, more deep fruity flavours hence all the crystal. For 20L:

Dunkels Bock

Original Gravity (OG): 1.065
Final Gravity (FG): 1.020
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 6.0 %
Colour (SRM): 18
Bitterness (IBU): 23.0 (Tinseth)

4.0 kg Munich (65%)
1.5 kg Pilsner (25%)
0.2 kg Special B (3%)
0.2 kg CaraMunich II (3%)
0.12 kg Melanoidin (2%)
0.12 kg Crystal 160L (2%)

14.0 g Zeus Pellet @ 60 Minutes (Boil)

Step mash from 63c up to 71c
Fermented at 10°C with German Bock Lager Yeast WLP833

Innis & Gunn Lager, which apparently is a Helles. It's OK, but, and I genuinely mean this, my house lager based on a 1920's Barkley Perkins recipe is better (he said modesty :laugh8: ).
Well it is cask conditioned tennents after all :roll:

Bock. Anyone who hasn't brewed a bock needs to get in on this. The best bits of lager and ale combined into one delicious package.
cdvbuMC.jpg
Yum! I really enjoyed Oedipus' Madeleine. Do you have to ferment cold? What recipe if you don't mind sharing please?

Forget that. I've just read the rest of the thread!
I'm on Budvar just now. Nicer than I remember.

Berliner Pilsner for me.

I bought a box of German beers given that stocks of my own ready-to-drink beer are low. This Berliner was the joker in the pack so I thought I’d dispose of it quickly!

View attachment 26346

View attachment 26347
I have somewhat fond memories of purchasing Berliner from a hotel vending machine while in Berlin, I know its Not exactly remarkable but when you arrive at a hotel at 12 o’clock at night after your flight was delayed, and everything is shut it is quite pleasant (think I paid €2 for it).

As for me Little Ox Oxford Pilsner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back