What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The line up for Saturday looks good, but i can't find any details about the Friday beers

Same I am on the Friday box, so just hoping for the best. For the moment though am on my London Porter Clone, tried it last week and though it was not bad but the extra week has turned this into a truly excellent beer. Good malty flavour, nice hint of bitterness from the hops. Carbonation is fairly light but suits the style, I think I slightly over chilled the beer, before serving, as The last few sips where better than the first once it has warmed up a bit.
6B69302B-6515-4E50-BCDA-08BCFBF9C610.jpeg

The only issue I can see is the size of your glass for me the joy of Newcastle Brown is the big bottle with a small glass to constantly top up,

Exactly so! I believe they called the glass a schooner or something similar.

And, I think you may be disappointed if trying to relive your past as 'Dog' hasn't been the same since the old Gallowgate brewery closed (I believe it's called Boddingtons Syndrome :laugh8:)

Just the one for me tonight, a bottle of McEwans Champion, with some extra mature Cheddar and crackers.
Definitely not a session beer, I'm usually a gulper, but this is a sipper.

Exactly so! I believe they called the glass a schooner or something similar.

And, I think you may be disappointed if trying to relive your past as 'Dog' hasn't been the same since the old Gallowgate brewery closed (I believe it's called Boddingtons Syndrome :laugh8:)
You are right its *****, not the drink i remember athumb..

It think ***** is a compliment as far as the current Newcastle Brown is concerned.
yeah, its defo changed.
i like reusing the bottles though acheers.
only took me about three trips to wetherspoons and i picked up enough for a full brew.

Squeezed a pint of the Not Tribute out the keg by getting eldest son out of his pit and doing some strategic keg tilting...it was a bit cloudy but who cares...a couple of Punk and a mosaic pale. All in all quite satisfactory. I also put tomorrow night's chicken in to marinade for the curry,planted some cucumber seeds and took the dogs on the field behind the house.
Crackin...

Squeezed a pint of the Not Tribute out the keg by getting eldest son out of his pit and doing some strategic keg tilting...it was a bit cloudy but who cares...a couple of Punk and a mosaic pale. All in all quite satisfactory. I also put tomorrow night's chicken in to marinade for the curry,planted some cucumber seeds and took the dogs on the field behind the house.
Crackin...
Sounds like you had a good day

So pished! Had an amazing BBQ today this lockdown has demolished my HB stocks so had a walk to tesco express With the kids, picked up a few of these. I need to lay off the homebrewed hopy dipa's for a while tastes watery and just a bit meh! I Remember trying siera Nevada for the first time a few years ago and being blown away by the hops.
DSC_2089.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back