What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not yet the weekend but I can’t resist all those beers from my daughter so I might just have one or two 🤫

Starting with.....this!

72D49909-E144-4E90-A954-45E11E90A867.jpeg

I probably ought to say something about these beers!

The stout was a very nice well balanced stout but I would quickly forget it because it didn’t stand out in any way, just very nice.

The Salty Kiss was a definite gooseberry sherbet affair and was nice but again not stand-out.

My next drink is a bit of a mystery because I can only read three things on the bottle: water, hops, and 10%. It does stand out though. It had the aroma of an old dark sherry aged in oak - I think I can taste resin even in the smell! Warming, strong (Jesus it’s strong), dark, malty, sherry flavours, dark fruit notes and a bit of plum maybe, complex. One probably for @Grizzly Notations?

42DF4A32-446A-47AA-A50E-714C89630926.jpeg

A bottle of Adnams lighthouse with lovely Citra hoppy flavours, followed by a couple of bottles of tribute. Waiting for my latest brew to condition, probably be ready next bank holiday

@Hazelwood Brewery I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the picture of all of your beers - Lowenbrau Blerhhh!

How was the Tripel? I've got a bottle set aside to compare with my Tripel, but it won't be ready for months! Might just drink it this weekend and buy another when mine are ready.

@Hazelwood Brewery I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the picture of all of your beers - Lowenbrau Blerhhh!

How was the Tripel? I've got a bottle set aside to compare with my Tripel, but it won't be ready for months! Might just drink it this weekend and buy another when mine are ready.

The Triple is going down really well. Think I might go back to stout next, defo one of my favourites!

Coming to the end of my Mangrove Jacks Juicy session IPAasad. on my fourth tonight but good news my single hop(Citra) AG kit is conditioning as I type, tasted promising when I bottled it so hoping it is good.

I’m on a half day today (company is insisting we use up some of our annual leave) so bottled my Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild and had the last half pint left on the fermentor. This is a beer I‘ve made a fair few times, flavour is good and consistent with previous batches. Now just got to wait a few weeks till its ready to drink.

More importantly my delivery from Titanic Brewery came today so I have a load of plum Porter to drink.

I’m on a half day today (company is insisting we use up some of our annual leave) so bottled my Sarah Hughes Ruby Mild and had the last half pint left on the fermentor. This is a beer I‘ve made a fair few times, flavour is good and consistent with previous batches. Now just got to wait a few weeks till its ready to drink.

More importantly my delivery from Titanic Brewery came today so I have a load of plum Porter to drink.

Titanic plum porter - nice! I’ll be barrelling my own plum porter this weekend. Just...got...to wait...for...it to...condition. 😖

65F96D35-513C-4FF2-ADDC-2B532A622348.jpeg
I‘m starting off with my Landlord Clone after rolling out fresh pizzas, and will move onto Plum Porter. Lucky enough to have a pub in Oxford that had Plum and Cherry Porter on cask as regular beers, but alas will have to content myself with the bottled Plum Porter for the moment.

I keep on meaning to have a go at making a clone as it easily ranks as one of my favourite beers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back