What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Cali Common (6 weeks old. Yum!), Hawkshead Golden Ale, followed by my own Sweet Stout (double yum. Although I should have put one sugar cube in the bottle not two: I have to keep swirling the glass to de-fizz).

Drinking my first all grain brew from my robobrew. Sierra Nevada pale ale MM clone. Been in keg 1 week only, but very nice and I'm glad to see it tastes better than the kits I used to do! Even when I'm sure I made a few mistakes during the process! Gives me hope that my efforts will get better and better as I get used to the process! Cheers!

My Cali Common (6 weeks old. Yum!), Hawkshead Golden Ale, followed by my own Sweet Stout (double yum. Although I should have put one sugar cube in the bottle not two: I have to keep swirling the glass to de-fizz).
Is that cali common from a kit or your own recipe? I've got the MM clone kit to try soon.

Is that cali common from a kit or your own recipe? I've got the MM clone kit to try soon.
My own with what I had available. Scaled down from a BYO.com recipe with their hop proportions.

15 litres
1500g Lager Malt
750g Pale Malt
250g Munich Malt
200g Crystal Malt

OG 1.044, ABV of 4.8% and IBU of 52.
5g of MJ m54 rehydrated.

Ferry Ales Golden Fleece Blonde - a Kolsch style ale. It's actually very good; not as sweet as when I brew my first Kolsch, bit I use 50/50 pale / lager malt, and this is 100% Pils. Worth a pint if you see it anywhere.

IMG_20200708_201648.jpg

Its a long time since I tried a Porter so I thought I would give Titanic Plum Porter a try for £1.50 from Morrisons.
Hmmm not my cup of tea, way too sweet and fruity, now I like some fruitiness in a bitter but I wasn't expecting it to taste like I was drinking alcopops.
Unfortunately I have another three to drink (not tonight)

388310011_0_640x640.jpg

Its a long time since I tried a Porter so I thought I would give Titanic Plum Porter a try for £1.50 from Morrisons.
Hmmm not my cup of tea, way too sweet and fruity, now I like some fruitiness in a bitter but I wasn't expecting it to taste like I was drinking alcopops.

View attachment 29026
I know a man who is going to cry into his pint when he reads your comments 😭😭

View attachment 29026

You can always pass these my way 😭

View attachment 29026

Loved it in bottle, had a pint at the spoons last year and it was grim!

Just taste testing my brett pale ale which I sent off to this month's competition and can report that it definitely deserves first place @stigman 😋
x6OBa24.jpg
I'm planning a Brett Belgian Pale but have been concerned about the bottling conditioning and over carbonation as I have never used Brett before. Any advice on calculating how much sugar at bottling? I had been thinking about adding enough sugar for 2.5-2.7 vol and hoping Brett won't take it above 3. Will this work or will there be issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back