What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have to try a bottle myself because looking at that picture I’m starting to wonder if I forgot the priming sugar! This is that same beer straight from the keg this morning.

Hmmm, breakfast bitter! ;)

View attachment 29512
Errmmmmm🧐😁 could mostly definitely be the problem..the bottle had no foam from start to finish and I poured from some height but no joy..it tasted fine so the seal on the bottle was fine

Errmmmmm🧐😁 could mostly definitely be the problem..the bottle had no foam from start to finish and I poured from some height but no joy..it tasted fine so the seal on the bottle was fine

😂 😂 😂

Sorry Dave! Thankfully I haven’t sent that beer to anyone else yet.

My bottling skills are even worse than I thought...anyone for a keg swap🤷‍♂️

😂 😂 😂

Sorry Dave! Thankfully I haven’t sent that beer to anyone else yet.

My bottling skills are even worse than I thought...anyone for a keg swap🤷‍♂️
Last year I almost bottled a whole batch without adding the priming solution to the bottling bucket..I had added beer to the first bottle before I thankfully remembered the sugar sitting on the worktop 😬

12:02 I've made it!

Guinness 😍
IMG_20200719_120157_224.jpg

This tastes surprisingly similar to my chocolate rum stout, without the rum.

A lovely ESB, its a mystery how beers are at their best when down to the last 4 stubby's.wink...
I initially thought I wouldn't give this one another try, Pilgrim bittering hops EKG aroma and Fermentis SO4 yeast. Generally prefer a drier finish but this beer has got me rethinking.
View attachment 29510
Hop combo is a good one. I am not a fan of S04 either. There's just something tart about the aftertaste. I wouldn't call it a general purpose yeast, it needs to be used carefully. Best in stouts and porters I think alongside some bitter roasted malts. I much prefer Nottingham as a general purpose dry yeast but try to mash on the high side to maintain some body.

My first attempt at a house brown ale. I'm liking this more and more, but I'm deffo using less brown malt and using #3 invert sugar to replace some of the base malt next time.

View attachment 29496
This looks good. I know what you mean about the brown malt, you need to be careful with it as it does have a character all of its own. It definitely takes to to mellow and blend with the other flavours.

Today I am mostly drinking.....AG APA Greg hughes recipe, made with kveik (voss) started it last Saturday. I blast carbed it overnight but it's a tad undercarbed for what I like so put the C02 at 40psi and hopefully it will be ok for the night shift and before anyone comments 'but it's a school night' :rolleyes: no work for me tomorrow (or forseeable) athumb..

Err...
Perfectly nice bitter but perhaps a touch more carbonation would be nice :laugh8:
acheers.
View attachment 29532

I’m laughing out loud now. I’d forgotten you’d taken one of these too! 😂

I really should be disappointed or at least a little ashamed of myself but actually you’ve brightened up a dreary Sunday!

I promise both you and @dave_77 a better bitter next time round!

😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back