What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this thread as very much the general discussion thread, yes I get ideas from people’s home brewed beers, but I also see it is a general this beer or brewery is good so might as well give it a try thread. Also this thread is specifically in the general beer discussing section, not the general beer brewing discussion section.

Hi Admin people
Can we split this threat as we are a homebrew forum; between what we have brewed and drunk and what we we have bought and drunk. Too many bought beers for gods sake.

I don't make beer for reasons I have posted many times but I do like to drink beer and I have posted about the beers I have bought in this thread many times, the thread title says "What are you drinking tonight" not "What home brew are you drinking tonight" therefore the answer to your question is no.

Last edited:
I like this thread because it makes me feel less like I drink too much
Ah yes, that's been Mr Hazelwood's public service to the forum. Not all heroes wear capes.
sX0LUSL.gif

In fairness when I first signed up a bout 30 months ago this thread was generally more about shop purchased beers whereas there was a different "Show us your beer thread" where folk used to post pictures of the HB they were supping

Are you being serious? It never ceases to amaze me how people can find the most trivial of things to moan about. I actually like seeing what commercial beers people are drinking, because there's a chance I've had the same beer and might be able to relate. To me that's more preferable than another post about somebody's homebrew that is soo much better than that commercial stuff.

Sometimes my HB IS soo much better. :laugh8: Not always of course there are a few styles I've not mastered so I just go commercial. I've been (in the past) particularly disappointed with commercials purporting to have galaxy in them. I find Marsdons and a lot of their sub-brands not to my liking. I know what galaxy tastes like but never just waved a galaxy hop in the near vicinity of the beer. I go 100g plus in 21litres.

So Yeah it's good to know what others are drinking both commercial and hb wise.

Quite pleased with this one. My Munich Helles is perfectly carbed and clear.

Good subtle aroma and taste from the Hallertau Mittelfruh hops. Some fruitiness from the Hallertau Blanc used for bittering is pleasant, though unexpected and not quite to style.

(Shame the glass is hazy from years of dishwasher cleaning.)

Still, one to enjoy.

rps20200827_182412.jpg

8B0C0AB2-6FB8-482C-BAEF-7E5CA0DAB328.jpeg
Cloudwater Persistence is Utile Bitter Chocolate Edition (12%)

This is a lovely beer, I opened it thinking it would be another chocolate milk stout but it’s really not. The decision to use dark chocolate gives it a really nice slightly bitter flavour, it also is a bit like treacle, hard to describe, but one that reminds me why I like Cloud Water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back