What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the week again. I've just about got over the flu, tested negative for corona, and received some good news too!

Beer me a beer.
IMG_20200830_122234.jpg

Made with a kveik strain, and it's got that taste I pick out in all my kveik brews. Not for me.

Chores finished so its time to settle in and watch Englands run chase. First up GH Tin Miners made with Voss Kveik. This has taken a few weeks to clear but now nice and bright - lovely head/ lacing. Taste wise a bit fruity for me but not sure if that's the yeast or the Bramling X neither of which I've used before.

20200830_161808.jpg

Landlord Clone (Graham Wheeler recipe) this was almost certainty impacted by the high temperatures when I fermented it, it’s drinkable but certainly won’t win any awards.

That said I am enjoying the fact that I can once again enjoy beer straight out of a crate with no need to cool the bottle (the upside of the current miserable weather we are having).

What will you do with them H?

Decided I’m going to tip at least two beers because I’m not going to make myself drink beers I’m not going to enjoy and I’m certainly not going to give them to other people if I don’t want to drink them myself!

Decision made, I’m now having a pint of my Equinox, which I’m really enjoying, while I make a new brew.

C6DF3266-DBD5-4ACF-A096-7E4DD73D1E01.jpeg

Chores finished so its time to settle in and watch Englands run chase. First up GH Tin Miners made with Voss Kveik. This has taken a few weeks to clear but now nice and bright - lovely head/ lacing. Taste wise a bit fruity for me but not sure if that's the yeast or the Bramling X neither of which I've used before.

View attachment 31817

Bramling cross is fruity. I made a bitter with Bramling Cross and it wasn’t the right choice for the same reason.

Bramling cross is fruity. I made a bitter with Bramling Cross and it wasn’t the right choice for the same reason.
Yes I had read that - blackcurrants apparently. I don't normally 'get the character descriptions of hops but with the Bramling it was immediately apparent.

Decided I’m going to tip at least two beers because I’m not going to make myself drink beers I’m not going to enjoy and I’m certainly not going to give them to other people if I don’t want to drink them myself!

Decision made, I’m now having a pint of my Equinox, which I’m really enjoying, while I make a new brew.

View attachment 31818
Shame about that...however,that beer looks great!! I shall be joining you soon.

Making my way through the first pint of my Jaipur clone. This was made at the start of the very hot spell, which killed my brewfridge, leaving this beer to ferment at 25°C. It poured very flat and with no sign of sediment in the beer, but what head it had is staying with it down the glass. The hop hit is powerful, maybe too much, but that will mellow as it continues to condition. Overall, better than I had feared.

View attachment 31818
I did this with a few batches last year when I thought I had a diastaticus infection. So I swapped out tubing and bottling buckets and bleached the fermenter and bought some stainless. haven't had an issue since. Its depressing but the good news is you can brew more Citra galaxy pale ale.

I did this with a few batches last year when I thought I had a diastaticus infection. So I swapped out tubing and bottling buckets and bleached the fermenter and bought some stainless. haven't had an issue since. Its depressing but the good news is you can brew more Citra galaxy pale ale.

That is true. I have one fermenting now and will probably get another on next week (or possibly the week after). It goes down well! ;)

Church Hanbrewery Bluenette 5.5%

Described as a honey Porter this is a genuinely nice beer, it’s got that characteristic taste from the roasted barley and just a hint of sweetness. That said while good out of a bottle I have had this on cask a few time’s and it is notably better than the bottled version.

My second Saison! of the evening.
Opened the first to celebrate my mate finishing her 105 mile run around the Lake District. I ran the first leg with her yesterday morning! Second beer is a logical progression from the first. At 7.5% is no lawnmower beer, but that's my next task before I need to sit down.

A little yeast in the pour...
rps20200830_182545.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back