What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Onto a mosaic munich IPA? Not sure it qualifies as that, more neipa like. Anyway it's a bit old but still good.
20200904_180807.jpg

I can't wait to get that one bottled up, and I still need to dry hop it. Will probably do a 25/25 gram dry hop split with citra and galaxy.

Good thing I have a citra mosaic ekuanot pale ready to bottle. Speaking of which I think you should try using the llalemand east coast yeast on this recipe. Or I will when I get some more galaxy and citra at some point. It should compliment the hops better than 05.

I’d be happy to give it a go. I normally use MJ US West Coast.

I’m planning to do the same with Sharps Sea Fury sometime - on my (quite busy) to-do list.
I have taken a sample from the first 200 mls from the cask and currently that is on the stirrer, I have put Starsan soaked cloth over the top to hopefully stop any ingress of unwanted stuff and will try and propagate a presumably larger sample from the dregs.
For whatever reason I am not enjoying the beer from the cask it has an earthy taste to it I have not experienced from the bottled version which is not good, I just hope the yeast isn't affected.

I can't wait to get that one bottled up, and I still need to dry hop it. Will probably do a 25/25 gram dry hop split with citra and galaxy.

Good thing I have a citra mosaic ekuanot pale ready to bottle. Speaking of which I think you should try using the llalemand east coast yeast on this recipe. Or I will when I get some more galaxy and citra at some point. It should compliment the hops better than 05.

I thought you didn’t like Galaxy! 😂

I tend to use Citra only in the dry hop for this beer, I find it gives a better balance. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way, I’ve tried 50/50 and it was still nice.

DSC_0016_9.JPG

No boil Belgian Witbier. MJ Belgian Wit yeast done a cracking job on this one. Crafty Maltsters pale ale malt, torrified wheat, some oats and some Munich. Hopped with sorachi ace. Twist of Orange Oolong tea and cardamom in place of traditional witbier spicing. Really pleased with this one.

Trying @Hazelwood Brewery festival IPA 6.8%.
This is easy drinking, carbonation is low which I don't mind, nice mouth feel to it. I think this is hopped using my two favourite Simcoe & mosaic with mainly Vienna as the base malt.
Really enjoyable beer thank you for sharing it with me 👍
IMG_20200904_195725800.jpg

Deya, verdant and pollys I feel like an FA cup minow playing the big boys at wembley. Probably Stand up better against brewdog or bevertown.

well.......I haven’t has any of the commercials yet as I decided to start with yours, and I think you’re selling yourself short. It’s an absolutely cracking DIPA, tropical aroma wafting up at me before I’d even finished pouring. Lots of pineapple and mango flavours, very clean and a really pleasantly crisp finish, not cloying like DIPA can be. I’d happily drink a few and fall asleep very content!

well.......I haven’t has any of the commercials yet as I decided to start with yours, and I think you’re selling yourself short. It’s an absolutely cracking DIPA, tropical aroma wafting up at me before I’d even finished pouring. Lots of pineapple and mango flavours, very clean and a really pleasantly crisp finish, not cloying like DIPA can be. I’d happily drink a few and fall asleep very content!
What hops was in it. I am on the hunt for some new combinations. If I keep going I am going to poison myself with mosiac 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back