What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started the night with summer breeze from @Hazelwood Brewery. Good looking beer, thick fluffy head that stuck around for the whole pint. Breast aroma, not overly hoppy aroma. Refreshing easy drinking IPA, considering it has Galaxy and Citra I was expecting more.hop flavour but nice to drink all the same. There may be a slight metallic aftertaste, I couldn't decide if it's a hop flavour or a fermentation flavour but to me it's like a faint metallic not really medicinal..

I’ve been a bit disappointed with Citra recently and to try and restore some balance I used more Citra in this brew and backed off the Galaxy. I also tried a different dry hop regime to further bring out the Citra but it really didn’t work and may have oxidised the beer a little - maybe this is the aftertaste?

Many years ago I was an aircraft technician in the RAF but I had an interest in electronics from an early age.
Good stuff👍
Back to beer I am trying the Munich dunkel I shared with you. Still not a great head but the flavours are good
IMG_20200930_233019702.jpg

A question for the people more knowledgeable than me. I am currently drinking my Munich dunkel. It initially pours with a head then fizzles away. When your drinking it you can hear the carbonation fizzing but it has no head.
Any thoughts

A question for the people more knowledgeable than me. I am currently drinking my Munich dunkel. It initially pours with a head then fizzles away. When your drinking it you can hear the carbonation fizzing but it has no head.
Any thoughts

A little extra protein may help. You could try adding 2% torrified wheat to your grain bill?

This dross. Thin, aroma boarders on the offensive and whilst it does taste of choc and marshmallow, it's like a really **** version of a good choc and marshmallow sweet. Like instead of buying tunnocks tea cakes, you bought the bum version from home bargains. Because, 'how much of a difference could there possibly be?'. As it turns out, a big effing difference!
IMG_20200930_231420.jpg

Heard the cider farms are struggling, so doing my bit ...

Hecks_Hendre_Huffcap_Sep2020.jpg

Very nice bone dry perry from down the road in Street. Helps me leave the homebrew alone whilst it is conditioning.

Any thoughts
I've got a Belgian strong ale like that.. I have no idea why the head dissappears so fast with it being so visibly carbonated.

I’ve been a bit disappointed with Citra recently and to try and restore some balance I used more Citra in this brew and backed off the Galaxy. I also tried a different dry hop regime to further bring out the Citra but it really didn’t work and may have oxidised the beer a little - maybe this is the aftertaste?
I bought some of the citra BBC hop pellets from MM, I had to get a spunding valve for my keg king fermenter so added it on. I am hoping these might be a little better than the alternatives. the other option might be to find this incognito hop version I keep hearing about.

or we wait patiently for the 2020 crop and hope it's better.

Time for my birthday feast 😁
IMG_20201001_141800_567.jpg

My first try of a Schneider Weisse Aventinus Weizen Doppelbock and it's very similar to my version but with less banana. Very impressed with this, and my own beer 🍻

*The feast is for two people 👀

Never mind getting p****d...where's me picture!?

Does this help?

The chiller cools the coolant and pumps it round the system. Where the coolant goes is controlled by my panel which opens one of three valves; the shed valve (larger heat exchanger), the fermenter valve (smaller heat exchanger) or round a loop to cool the beer python. The heat exchangers are basically radiators that get really cold (from the coolant) and fans blowing air through - much like an air conditioning unit.

35D07B6F-6A7A-4B8D-B999-573C31DBCEA6.jpeg

Ah...sort of...so you're going to pipe glycol/coolant round the shed..?..what and how does heating work?
Sorry for being... thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back