What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah...sort of...so you're going to pipe glycol/coolant round the shed..?..what and how does heating work?
Sorry for being... thick.
Ha I have the same question and how does the cooling work?

Edit had a read makes a little more sense.

Ah...sort of...so you're going to pipe glycol/coolant round the shed..?..what and how does heating work?
Sorry for being... thick.

That’s right.

Heating will be the same control panel and will use same ITCs. As well as driving the motorised valves and fans from the cooling outputs, it will use the heating outputs to switch regular mains sockets on/off that will be in the fermentation cupboard and in the shed. I can then plug in what I like, probably tube heaters.

See in the picture below (partly boxed control panel), the three white leads. The one on the left is power in and the other two are heater outputs for the shed and the fermenter. Each up to 2.5KW.

FE4272C0-3FC4-4C7D-83B1-B4DED95CD8F0.jpeg

And...I’m having another bitter 😉

27738CA4-CD85-4CA9-9351-64DC7FC692AA.jpeg

Ah..yes...another bitter!
I have retrieved such from the brew shed...
I get it now..
Wonder if I could do the same with the original idea of one of those portable Aircon units and an inkbird type thing...?

Have a look at my brewday posts for more info.athumb..
I did and it was all a little over my head although I get the bigger picture now.

Note my temp control held together with a weightlifting belt, duct tape and a can of wd40. My engineering education was you can fix anything with duct tape and wd40.

20201001_060523.jpg

Ah..yes...another bitter!
I have retrieved such from the brew shed...
I get it now..
Wonder if I could do the same with the original idea of one of those portable Aircon units and an inkbird type thing...?

You could but virtually all air-con units won’t go below 16C. That might be low enough for most practical uses but I wanted the choice to go lower. This system could go down to -10 less any thermal losses, why I’m also adding 3 inches of Kingspan in all the walls and roof.

I did and it was all a little over my head although I get the bigger picture now.

Note my temp control held together with a weightlifting belt, duct tape and a can of wd40. My engineering education was you can fix anything with duct tape and wd40.

View attachment 33499

...and a hammer! 😂

You’re not far off the mark actually.

Alright trying out my attempt at making a session beer that doesn't suck. It's ok, definitely lacking something like maybe a little substance and malt flavour. Although it's getting better as it warms up.

20201001_200127.jpg

You could but virtually all air-con units won’t go below 16C. That might be low enough for most practical uses but I wanted the choice to go lower. This system could go down to -10 less any thermal losses, why I’m also adding 3 inches of Kingspan in all the walls and roof.
So it seems....I'm thinking of getting a few king kegs and the cooling is the only issue....the thing is it's only probably for a few weeks a year..

Sounds nice have you posted the recipe
For 21 L

4.0 kg Pilsner Malt
0.5 kg Wheat Malt
0.5 kg White Sugar

10 g Zeus at 60 mins
25 g Cascade at 15 mins
25 g Cascade Whirlpool
50 g Citra Dry Hop

Zest of 2 lemons added along with dry hops
Fermented with Belle Saison

This was my first time using a dry Belgian yeast and I'm rather pleased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back