What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
.... continuing with the Orval theme I got some delivered today along with a few dry-hopped Saison Dupont. Won't be drinking them until Christmas.
IMG_20201112_175429007.jpg

IMG_20201112_184952.jpg

First up the much anticipated citra SAISON! from Banbeer....a clone of a bottle I sent him!
Bottle opened with a nice fizz and it pours with a nice fluffy head..which is retained as I drink...
Spicy,citrus aroma and taste to match!! It's got that SAISON! flavour! It's very refreshing and surprisingly easy drinking at 6%! Well I'd know that wouldn't I!
It's a great beer! Well...what else can I say except I'm chuffed that someone likes my efforts,has sent me some to try and has brewed more!
Thank you Banbeer!!

I was looking at that recipe earlier today. Love Orval, would be very interested to hear how the bretted version turns out 👍
I'm still enjoying the non Brett version. My patience is not very good, I keep thinking I should try the Brett version. I had a bottle and I think there was a very slight difference but trying hard not to have one until my birthday in December
IMG_20201112_195531.jpg

Just on my second glass of Wilko Cerveza which I brewed back on 26th June 2020.

It has definitely improved with age and is a really smooth crystal clear lager style beer.

Shepherd Neame Strong Pale Ale. Hadn't seen this before, was hoping it was going to be a historic type of thing, but it's actually a pleasant, but unremarkable, cascade (I think) pale ale. The Shepherds yeast does add that signature taste though, so it is ok.

A pleasant surprise while judging the dark beer month competition. @cellarbrew Saison.
Pours a deep golden colour with good carbonation, nice light white head which last the full glass. A nice well balanced beer the yeast character isn't jumping out of the glass. Slightly spicy, not as dry as previous Saison I have tried. Nice bitterness, very good clarity.
I would be interested to see what yeast you used and the numbers you hit. Thank you for sending 👍👍
Enjoyed while watching the master's
IMG_20201112_212724152.jpg

My CCC AIPA...this is bloody heck good!!
Just had your gifted bottle of CCC and I agree, great citrus nose to it and I really liked the hoppy flavour and aroma, a well thought out and executed beer sir. Slight hiss on opening and thought it would be a little flat but no, a nice head, great retention and lacing.:hat:

ccc.jpg

Cheers mate and thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back