What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed up by a lovely Belgian Pale by @dave_77
Cracking beer Dave. I haven't had a Belgian in a long time and I am really enjoying this. Thanks pal

Attachments

• 20201120_210033.jpg
    20201120_210033.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 42
Next up this Steam Brew Session IPA. On closer inspection, this is a craft-a-like beer produced for Lidl, no idea who by. Slightly hazy. A bit less hop aroma than the last one. Again, perfectly drinkable. I think I slightly prefer this one. No idea on hops. Something new worldy, slightly tropical.

IMG_20201120_211146.jpg

Same beer, different day. I'm okay with that since I'm getting a great price and I love RIS.
Got some spices in the mail from a place called Penzeys. Of note is their Spanish Smoked Paprika (WOW) and a blend of spices called Mural of Flavors (my wife swears by it).
In any case, I was just shoring up my spices by keeping them fresh and filling in the gaps since I'm going to make a KFC clone (no, it's not a chicken-flavored stout) soon-ish. I'll be putting in exactly eleven herbs and spices. I'll use boneless dark meat since dark meat is easily my favorite. The only question is whether to just brine it first or use a buttermilk/egg batter. Leaning toward using a brine by about 70/30.
There are people that will pressure-fry the chicken at home like KFC does in their stores. I didn't see any of that proper equipment for less than $1K that I would trust so, no thanks--I'll keep my house just the way it is.
Penzey Dragon.jpg

Same beer, different day. I'm okay with that since I'm getting a great price and I love RIS.
Got some spices in the mail from a place called Penzeys. Of note is their Spanish Smoked Paprika (WOW) and a blend of spices called Mural of Flavors (my wife swears by it).
In any case, I was just shoring up my spices by keeping them fresh and filling in the gaps since I'm going to make a KFC clone (no, it's not a chicken-flavored stout) soon-ish. I'll be putting in exactly eleven herbs and spices. I'll use boneless dark meat since dark meat is easily my favorite. The only question is whether to just brine it first or use a buttermilk/egg batter. Leaning toward using a brine by about 70/30.
There are people that will pressure-fry the chicken at home like KFC does in their stores. I didn't see any of that proper equipment for less than $1K that I would trust so, no thanks--I'll keep my house just the way it is.
View attachment 35993
Dave,when you make the KFC put a post up of your recipe and method please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back