What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave,when you make the KFC put a post up of your recipe and method please.
I have high hopes for this recipe. I'll certainly put it up, in total, on the appropriate food forum here and on the US sister site. The one thing we can't duplicate (and definitely should not attempt without the exact equipment meant for that purpose) is the enclosed, deep-frying method which is basically a pressure cooker with oil instead of water. We can get around that by not using pieces that are too thick. That's why I'll be using boneless chicken Again, I'm excited about this recipe.
Cheers.

Extra Special Bitter, I have to drink my first few of the afternoon/evening drinks in one of the out houses. Keeps the dead soldier count down.
Aging nicely, fine fluffy head, slightly malty with a bitter finish, I'll have another thanks landlord.
003.JPG

Little taster of rhubarb wine. Checking whether it's had long enough on the oak chips yet...
_20201121_115239.JPG

And celebrating getting my first stove top AG fermenting, a SMaSH with MO and Goldings.
_20201121_120052.JPG

Feeling dreadful today after a night on the Talisker. Just went up m&S and picked up a 5l keg if triple hopped lager for a tenner(posted about this on the offer thread last week). In the meantime I've
tapped a keg of spitfire ahead of the rugby Not use the party star for ages and there is ale all over the ceiling.

20201121_140216.jpg
20201121_140247.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Feeling dreadful today after a night on the Talisker. Just went up m&S and picked up a 5l keg if triple hopped lager for a tenner(posted about this on the offer thread last week). In the meantime I've tapped a keg of spitfire ahead of the rugby Not use the party star for ages and there is ale all over the ceiling.View attachment 36020View attachment 36021
I know I shouldn’t laugh but as thats the advantage of not being the person who has to clean it up. Is the beer at least decent.

I know I shouldn’t laugh but as thats the advantage of not being the person who has to clean it up. Is the beer at least decent.
Ale is average. Not going to clean it up, will just paint over it next time there is a tin of white emulsion in the vicinity.

I upgraded my glass @Hazelwood Brewery I found an empty Nutella jar to use.

I will send you a pint of this when I post another bottle of the impy.

View attachment 36024
I remember years ago when I was in school on a French exchange it seemed every house used Nutella jars as glasses for fruit juice, they are (or where it’s being a while since I last had it) surprisingly good as a tumbler.

I remember years ago when I was in school on a French exchange it seemed every house used Nutella jars as glasses for fruit juice, they are (or where it’s being a while since I last had it) surprisingly good as a tumbler.
They are surprisingly good tumblers, nice way to multipurpose a glass jar.

A few bottles of the red ale that I was ready to tip down the sink as the last couple tasted like spicy paint thinner, it's definitely improving with age, still not great but fairly drinkable. :confused.:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back