What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancied trying some other Amber Lagers after recently enjoying Brooklyn lager..don't really like this one..too malty..in a funny way.

I'm going to brew a Czech Amber lager in a month or so.
IMG_20201222_175851.jpg

Alright onto the old crafty hen, this one is really good. Smooth, mellow and nicely balanced.

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom

What did you thinking that. I picked them up a while back. I didn't pick up any hop flavour at all
Don't know what it is..it's a bit too bold in the caramel type flavour. Yeah no Citra or cascade that's obvious. Felt the Brooklyn lager is nice and crisp , more noble hop character and more Munich malty maybe

Don't know what it is..it's a bit too bold in the caramel type flavour. Yeah no Citra or cascade that's obvious. Felt the Brooklyn lager is nice and crisp , more noble hop character and more Munich malty maybe
I think they have one which is meant to have mosiac in it. They must be tight with the hops

Alright onto the old crafty hen, this one is really good. Smooth, mellow and nicely balanced.

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom
some good one's there, i will add
Riggwelter,
hobgoblin ipa
Adnams broadside
Jw Lee's Moonraker
athumb..

First crack at my keg of pale ale, a bit more bitter than I intended, should have probably reduced the early addition and moved the late to steep. Still a drinkable brew though

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_192435580.jpg
    IMG_20201222_192435580.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 32
some good one's there, i will add
Riggwelter,
hobgoblin ipa
Adnams broadside
Jw Lee's Moonraker
athumb..
I have a bottle of broadside, I will keep my eyes out for the others. I think the IPA might be two low of abv as I am only comparing >6% although I might make an exception for riggwelter at 5.9%, I love back sheep brewery.

Last edited:

Is this any good? My lunchtime drinking partner who only ever drinks Guinness found a case of 2008 in his cupboard and gifted me a bottle a couple of Christmases ago. At the time Fullers were knocking it out for £100 a bottle and now cant even find it. Loathe to drink it but Ill probably come in ****** one night and if theres nowt else in....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back