What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottled my second version of Vienna APA. Now drinking Soul Train IPA from a mixed case from a Box Steam, a local brewery. Quite traditional pale rather than modern IPA. A touch of sweetness and a bit light on the bitterness for me but it seems to be disappearing quickly so mustn't grumble!

Attachments

• IMG_20201222_214928.jpg
    IMG_20201222_214928.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 40
Advent beer today was a cracking ipa from Track brewing... loads of pineapple and other non specific tropical fruit and highly drinkable for it's over 6% strength.
Was a bit worried it would be a milkshake ipa from the name but thankfully no lactose listed in the ingredients.

acheers.
20201222_183959.jpg

Is this any good? My lunchtime drinking partner who only ever drinks Guinness found a case of 2008 in his cupboard and gifted me a bottle a couple of Christmases ago. At the time Fullers were knocking it out for £100 a bottle and now cant even find it. Loathe to drink it but Ill probably come in ****** one night and if theres nowt else in....

It is nice. £6 in Waitrose. Go get some.

After a few Tier 4 cans with the work lot on zoom a glass of my pale. Kegs going to kick any minute.
20201222_231847.jpg

I am holding this one back for Christmas. How's the Brett flavour, are you happy with it. I really enjoyed it's twin the non Brett version
Yes I am happy with it, definitely tell the difference from the non Brett version. Although the recent Belgian pale you had is a different base beer..not sure if I sent you one of the previous batch with the saison. The Belgian Pale that you recently had is around 5.4% , the base version for the Brett IPA is 7% plus. The recipe for this is from 'Brew Like A Monk'.
Be interested in your views, as I have a couple of thoughts after the bottle last night.

Tonight enjoying an Ordinary Bitter, no culinary skills needed for this evening, going down the chippy for fish and chips (shark and chips to be precise) got some mushy peas in the fridge left over from a pie floater I had Monday night.
Best thing about this OB is I pushed it to the limit on the IBU, what I have noticed is high hop, low ABV = giving the z's some hammer!
001.JPG

Your good to yourself, I will be definitely getting that advent calendar next year. If they post across the water.
My mate bought those for me and I bought 4 for him... swapped them xmas wrapped so we could play guess the brewery/hops/ other ingredients etc. Idea completely pinched from @Leon103 and it has made for 3 fun evenings in the run up to chrimbo.
I'm sure Honest brew must ship across the water - keep an eye out from about early October for the advent 👍

I've just had a delivery from our local brewery, I like a pint of their Legra while visiting a local pub but never made a direct purchase. 🤔

That's been corrected now though, I'm sorted 🍺👌

IMG-20201223-WA0000.jpeg

Tonight enjoying an Ordinary Bitter, no culinary skills needed for this evening, going down the chippy for fish and chips (shark and chips to be precise) got some mushy peas in the fridge left over from a pie floater I had Monday night.
Best thing about this OB is I pushed it to the limit on the IBU, what I have noticed is high hop, low ABV = giving the z's some hammer!
View attachment 38044
Pie floater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back