What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my first ever Mexican craft beer last night(Christmas gift). Not sure I have ever had a Bock before so not sure what a good one taste like. Taste fine, like a brown malty lager.
IMG_20201225_200620.jpg
IMG_20201225_200633.jpg

I have to admit I think this one might be the best so far although it's kind of cheating as I might call it more a DIPA. Delicious makes me want to use Jester. Still maybe I liked the Xmas ale a slight bit more. hmmm

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Fuller's Vintage Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom

20201226_155031.jpg

Time for another Saison! from @samale

This one pours a nice light yellow with a bit of haze. Aroma is peppery, spicy...cloves and cardamon I am assuming and a bit of banana. Flavour is smooth, light pilsner malt, and spice exactly like the aroma with maybe a bit of cinnamon and black pepper. A hint of bitterness in the end but the spice is much more pronounced and lingers. Mouthfeel is light, carbonation is high and perfect for the style.

Overall this is a very enjoyable spiced saison. I am gonna guess that you might have used a French saison yeast, maybe m29? It seems more peppery and phenolic than bellle saison, but I have been wrong before. Great job on the carbonation I think it's the perfect level and really helps the spice from being overbearing. Also it has a really nice malt backing. The interesting thing is it drinks a bit like a hefeweizen as it's more smooth than the sharp acidity I often get from saisons. I think this helps it all mesh together really well.
Thanks for sending this, I usually don't like spiced beers too much but this one is fabulous, nicely executed.

Attachments

• 20201226_162253.jpg
    20201226_162253.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 73
Time for another Saison! from @samale

This one pours a nice light yellow with a bit of haze. Aroma is peppery, spicy...cloves and cardamon I am assuming and a bit of banana. Flavour is smooth, light pilsner malt, and spice exactly like the aroma with maybe a bit of cinnamon and black pepper. A hint of bitterness in the end but the spice is much more pronounced and lingers. Mouthfeel is light, carbonation is high and perfect for the style.

Overall this is a very enjoyable spiced saison. I am gonna guess that you might have used a French saison yeast, maybe m29? It seems more peppery and phenolic than bellle saison, but I have been wrong before. Great job on the carbonation I think it's the perfect level and really helps the spice from being overbearing. Also it has a really nice malt backing. The interesting thing is it drinks a bit like a hefeweizen as it's more smooth than the sharp acidity I often get from saisons. I think this helps it all mesh together really well.
Thanks for sending this, I usually don't like spiced beers too much but this one is fabulous, nicely executed.
Thanks for the review, this is the first beer I have ever used spice. This is from my posts
I have loads of beer in stock but I don't have a Saison. So it's my take on @Keats & @Hazelwood cardamom & coriander SAISON.
5kg pilsner
600g wheat
200g of torrified wheat
200g biscuit

15g magnum@60mins
Teaspoon of coriander & 2x cardamom pods @5mins
40g EKG@ 5mins

Yeast is be-134

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back