What are you drinking tonight 2020.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the party is already in full swing 🥳

I’m starting tonight with this Courage ale and I’m actually quite liking it, maybe a bit of nostalgia creeping in!

View attachment 27516
Happy memories of drinking 4 or 6 pints of Courage best with my old man before a Sunday roast at the Ship Inn in dartford.
https://www.whatpub.com/pubs/GRA/0212/ship-inn-dartfordVirtually the only beer they sold and they used to (and still did until Lockdown as far as I know) pull half a pint from an older cask and top it up with half a pint of fresh.
Some of the best cask beer I've ever had. Incredibly quaffable. I want one now
acheers.

Having to make do with a rye pale ale
Still no sign of it doing a Hazelwood after 2 weeks in the keg
20200612_202516.jpg

Happy memories of drinking 4 or 6 pints of Courage best with my old man before a Sunday roast at the Ship Inn in dartford.
https://www.whatpub.com/pubs/GRA/0212/ship-inn-dartfordVirtually the only beer they sold and they used to (and still did until Lockdown as far as I know) pull half a pint from an older cask and top it up with half a pint of fresh.
Some of the best cask beer I've ever had. Incredibly quaffable. I want one now
acheers.

I did enjoy it, kind of what beer used to taste like before everything became lager. Happily we’ve moved on from bland lager now. I only had the one bottle in a mixed box unfortunately.

Next up...

FCF90035-5D21-49AA-83BC-5B255CA02AC7.jpeg

Last edited:
My first ever AG brew, John Finch American IPA! Really pleased with the outcome. It has come out rather bitter though, I’m wondering whether this is because it took me quite a while to chill the wort after the flame out hop additions(no wort chiller). What you think ?

Attachments

• C405F87B-7FE1-4108-BC40-BBDC54607199.jpeg
    C405F87B-7FE1-4108-BC40-BBDC54607199.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 50
I only have one bottle of home brew beer left until my next batch is ready (which will be at least 3 weeks) so it's commercial stuff. Wolf Rock red IPA ( I've got two bottles of this to drink, I realise I've had it before, and I'm suitably unimpressed this time, it's too caramel for an IPA IMHO), Brains SA gold and Titanic plum Porter.

I only have one bottle of home brew beer left until my next batch is ready (which will be at least 3 weeks) so it's commercial stuff. Wolf Rock red IPA ( I've got two bottles of this to drink, I realise I've had it before, and I'm suitably unimpressed this time, it's too caramel for an IPA IMHO), Brains SA gold and Titanic plum Porter.

I’m also missing my own brews, it’s been too long - they’re all conditioning. I do like a Titanic plum porter though.

Hi all Friday night finished work for the week! Started a few beer's cos its beer o'clock first beer was my own homebrew (newbie brewer) a simple AG ale which I made 9 weeks ago and was pleased with the pint better than when I tasted it after 4 weeks.
IMG-20200418-WA0001.jpeg

I did enjoy it, kind of what beer used to taste like before everything became lager. Happily we’ve moved on from bland lager now. I only had the one bottle in a mixed box unfortunately.

Next up...

View attachment 27530
Are we all on a trip down English ale memory lane tonight? That makes a change from the NEIPA boardwalk.

Now moved on to my local Brewery beer mad squirrel $umo APA one of my favorite beers nice unfiltered pint drunk many of these at the brewery
1591991824235904094971.jpg

One bottle of homebrew left? You're barred! @Chippy_Tea !....

Thought I had drunk all the stouts I had made but no hiding behind the bacon in the fridge ! And must say tastes blinking great (one well chuffed newbie brewer)
IMG-20200516-WA0000.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back