What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely.

Attachments

• EA3C07FA-5759-4AA7-AB96-F357D664E8F7.jpeg
    EA3C07FA-5759-4AA7-AB96-F357D664E8F7.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 42
After a 100anoddmile round trip taking youngest son for his stitches out of his gob I'm supping a well deserved Summer Breeze!
All good with his teeth. All good with the beer! I even had the gumption (there's a word!) to get up early and make a giant lasagna which is now resting in the oven giving me some resting before the crazy dog lady lands...ahhhh!

managed 540ml out of the keg from my DDBW before the last dregs dripped. sad to see it go but am enjoying the final encounter very much.
4 days off so the night is but young. that and the fact that 64 people were made redundant at my place of work yesterday mean that i'm expecting increased consumption. known some of them for 19 years.
cheers.

Can't celebrate Paddy's Day without a Guin....

Can't celebrate Paddy's Day without a stout!
IMG_20210317_192044_711.jpg

At least it's a good one. Not far off a West Indies Porter but a bit more bitter and this has a nice treacle flavour and aroma to it.

I have cracked open a supermarket beer which is unusual for me. A 440ml Scarfell from Northern Monk is actually quite good for a £3 supermarket beer.

It got me thinking of a slightly soft pale ale, with a nice piney bitterness behind it with an upfront citra hop flavor with a background of mosaic.

I feel a recipe coming on.....

I have cracked open a supermarket beer which is unusual for me. A 440ml Scarfell from Northern Monk is actually quite good for a £3 supermarket beer.

It got me thinking of a slightly soft pale ale, with a nice piney bitterness behind it with an upfront citra hop flavor with a background of mosaic.

I feel a recipe coming on.....
I had that a couple of weeks back and really enjoyed it

A bottle of Young's IPA tonight. A vast improvement since I tried one a couple of weeks ago.

Fancy something different so I am trying @pilgrimhudd English ale.
Pours a lovely dark brown that is red when held to the light. Nice level of carbonation and excellent clarity. Nice head which lasts
Aroma, nice sweet malt, Caramel/toffee, English hops not sure which
Flavour, nice full body but not overly sweet. Again malt, Caramel, nice level of bitterness.
Really enjoying this, not a style I am to familiar with. The only dark English ale I have tried is old peculiar.
I could easily drink more of this, well done 👍
IMG_20210317_220523761.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back