What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking Belgian blond.
Quite dry but really nice, wish it was a 750ml
20210328_193824.jpg

Time for a beer as boil is on for my Golden Ale New Zealand style (Ella & Nelson).. although I'm a bit over on the pre boil gravity 🙄 I'm at the finishing gravity already.. shorter boil then. lucky I was going to do the bittering addition for 45mins.
Cheers @dan125 for the westie...tasty beer. This is my cup of tea, almost a little Life and Death like. bit sweaty
IMG_20210328_194714.jpg
, citrus nice bitter kick but it's drinking a treat at 6%+

my second favourite whisky. didn't appreciate peaty malts until my late 20s.
having something that isn't my favourite whisky but something i'm very fond of and it whisks me back to canada with every sip. fireball. that and a can of punk. monday has been gotten out of the way.

On my 18th Birthday I was in the RAF and was “treated” to a few drinks by my mates. The treat was enough Southern Comfort to sink a battleship and keep me in bed for 3 days. I wasn’t able to smell anything vaguely whisky-like for another 20 years without feeling sick.

Luckily, that feeling passed and I’ve drunk enough to sink another battleship since then - but spread over 20 years this time rather than all at the start!

On my 18th Birthday I was in the RAF and was “treated” to a few drinks by my mates. The treat was enough Southern Comfort to sink a battleship and keep me in bed for 3 days. I wasn’t able to smell anything vaguely whisky-like for another 20 years without feeling sick.

Luckily, that feeling passed and I’ve drunk enough to sink another battleship since then - but spread over 20 years this time rather than all at the start!
strangely i had a similar experience with southern comfort in my teens (it must have been autumn/halloween as monkey nuts were involved) and i haven't bought a bottle since.

strangely i had a similar experience with southern comfort in my teens (it must have been autumn/halloween as monkey nuts were involved) and i haven't bought a bottle since.
I just noticed I wasn’t clear - I’ve never had a glass of Southern Comfort since, it’s whisky I’ve been drinking this last 20 years.

Saturday night before a few Cooper's Mexican cerveza, I tried a brewdog Elvis juice that came recommended, and if liked, I thought of doing the mangrove jack's grapefruit ipa clone.

I didn't mind it tbh but will probably stick to lagers for now.

Last night I had a few glasses of beaverdale Shiraz.
Very nice.

Out of sheer curiosity and feeling flush enough to fork out 1,30 €, I bought a 660 of Heineken. Chilled for a while and opened bottle to a beautiful hiss and poured into glass. Gorgeous hoppy smell from the bottle and in the glass, a rich golden colour.
Took a sip. Nothing. Almost no flavour. Had a sniff, the hop aroma was gone. Drank a few mouthfuls. Soda water. Instant Covid?
Sipped a third of the glass and bunged the rest as it's not worth its strength.
How do they do it? Colour, carbonation, initial hops? This was brewed at Heineken France, I suppose, although there's no indication on the label.
I'm glad I've satisfied my curiosity and I'll leave it for another five years.
Trying something now called Arctic Monkey.
Must be a full moon or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back