What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Saison! is lasting longa than it oughta (best Lorraine Chase voice).

C36A6321-094D-4631-A228-00E12226E093.jpeg

That sounds too good to be true, @Hazelwood Brewery , but I'm going to look into that as well as I've pretty much missed the boat for lagering temperatures now. Well, I reckon I can sneak a crafty one in, if I'm quick.
Is it MJ M-54?
My Czech Pilsner came runner up in the lager comp and that beer was one week out of the fermenter on the day it was judged. It was still hazy but the flavour was good. It will clear but does take a little longer. This is a bottle after 4 weeks.
So was your Czech Pilsner hoped with Saaz? I ask because I started looking into M54 and came across THIS THREAD on another forum that seems to suggest it rips out most of the hop flavour.

Dark Rocks The Bosses Boss only bottled about 2 weeks ago, I got impatient, god knows what it will be like in 2 weeks but absolutely gorgeous, I will definitely be doing this one again but without the extra 1kg of sugar. 7.5% is too much, I want to remember the taste
IMG_20210330_002004.jpg

That sounds too good to be true, @Hazelwood Brewery , but I'm going to look into that as well as I've pretty much missed the boat for lagering temperatures now. Well, I reckon I can sneak a crafty one in, if I'm quick.
Is it MJ M-54?

I agree with HB. I always used to use the CML Califoria brewed at Ale temperatures for my lagers then one day got brave and used two packs of the CML hell at lager temps and lagered it but didn’t notice any difference. As CML have since discontinued their Cali I now use the MJ M54 which I think is the same yeast.

Last edited:
Cracking the flags here in South London. Dont believe for a minute I'm the only one in the garden. Anyway have bitten off more than I can chew by trying to spruce up the brew shed, and the actual shed and paint the fences and do day job.

Did just decide to do a keg inventory though - currently on a brown ale (bit double maximy if that's an adjective). So far also checked in on the dry stout, vanilla bourbon stout and my Hop Replacement (Hophead clone). The latter only kegged 30 hrs ago but promising to drink fresh.

20210330_123442.jpg

No, I’m there with you. This morning I’ve been cleaning out the cornie I finished last night, cleaning beer lines, getting my English Bitter on tap, and updating my beer menu for the beers I have on at the moment.

120FF71F-1485-43BD-B36A-42801A789CA8.jpeg

Since doing all that I’ve been sampling the English Bitter continuously to err... ensure the quality is consistent? :rolleyes:

F46E9FB4-F6E3-4795-A897-6CE26E79015C.jpeg

Not really befitting the weather my 80 shilling. This is going to end up in stews. That lockdown yoga mat has not had much tap.

16171059980615891596365426231089.jpg

Not really befitting the weather my 80 shilling. This is going to end up in stews. That lockdown yoga mat has not had much tap.

View attachment 44211

I always use ale in a beef stew (usually a brown ale or bitter) but a few weeks ago my wife made a beef stew not too long after I’d made one so for some added variety she asked for a different ale. I picked stout and poured a full pint expecting there to be some left over that I’d of course have to finish off 😉 . Imagine my horror walking in to the kitchen and seeing an empty glass! The point though is that beef stew might be the best I’ve ever had.

Last edited:
Treat for me, treat for the keezer. Pendles Witch clone.

Attachments

• 16171076192332361321512396355176.jpg
    16171076192332361321512396355176.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 32
No, I’m there with you. This morning I’ve been cleaning out the cornie I finished last night, cleaning beer lines, getting my English Bitter on tap, and updating my beer menu for the beers I have on at the moment.

View attachment 44209

Since doing all that I’ve been sampling the English Bitter continuously to err... ensure the quality is consistent? :rolleyes:

View attachment 44208
Pints of tripel 😂😂😂

Impressive list of beers. I have a big project starting in June. Going to build myself a proper man cave 😉
I like a bit of variety and even with all these I still buy beers I haven’t got.

I love a project 😍, make sure you post loads of pictures. My brew-shed on a hot day like today feels very chilly inside 🥶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back