What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat here on a high all excited tomorrow my brand new larder fridge arrives I should be able to get 3 corny and a fv in
625FD7BC-688B-45A0-A67E-11E5646EF7E0.jpeg

@samale Czech pilsner after a long warm day at the beach. Looks lovely, golden, slight haze, very well carbonated, bready pilsner like aroma, taste wise, I think you said you weren't overly happy with this one? I mean I think it's ok, I've certainly had worse and I would definitely have it again. Would i tell my mates to head over to Derry to drink his Czech Pilsner, probably not but he does other great beers!

20210530_175334.jpg

@samale Czech pilsner after a long warm day at the beach. Looks lovely, golden, slight haze, very well carbonated, bready pilsner like aroma, taste wise, I think you said you weren't overly happy with this one? I mean I think it's ok, I've certainly had worse and I would definitely have it again. Would i tell my mates to head over to Derry to drink his Czech Pilsner, probably not but he does other great beers!

View attachment 48196
That was the curve ball of the bunch. First time brewing a lager. It hasn't finished fermenting and I bottled it 🤭
The Saison is much better

You got me thinking about this . There are a few newer English hop varieties that I think haven't really been able to compete with the US hops for the IPA market but could possibly work well in British Golden Ales. Thinking Ernest, Jester & Olicana.
Compete in what way? Some of these American hops are horrendous! Citra, Centennial, Cascade and a few others are OK, but others I think we've been conned into "liking" by the enthusiasm of the literature (marketing). Jester and Archer are great, as is Olicana. Phoenix is out on it's own, but good and there are loads of others. Let's not forget Bullion. I haven't tried Ernest.

Just had a pint of my Loch Lomond Golden Ale after six weeks on the bottle. It's not a bad drop at all. It needs a while for the honey malt to meld with the base malt and until that happens it's mingin'.
Followed it with a pint of Hefeweizen. First of the summer.

I have to admit to steadily supping my way through the afternoon. 1/2 here, half there, pint of foam when I fancied my Bramling Cross bitter, you know what I mean?...
We always take ages over these "packing-to-go-away-on-holiday-the next -day" kind of days, so much procrastination and faffing about. So I've found my place:- do my clothes packing first, then some stuff from the loft, then spend the rest of the day "packing things from the garage, it's a sh1t job but somebody has to do it". Oddly, that's also where I keep my beer... 🤪

Oh, yeah, today I have been mostly drinking Cider!

Only joking.
BX, foam decanting kit:
rps20210530_185352.jpg

That's a full pint after the foam had settled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back