What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum yum🍺
IMG_20210531_202258.jpg

Sorachi Saison from @samale . Another tasty beer. Peppery/lemon aroma . Nicely carbonated from the bottle conditioning. Good level of bitterness, dry and spritzy carbonation all coming together to make a very drinkable and refreshing beer👍🏼.I have used sorachi ace in a saison before and I felt I over did it a bit as it's a bold hop and I thought it over powered the yeast character. Be interested to know how much sorachi you put in this one as yours seems a little more restrained which I prefer but I still feel if I was going to brew it with this hop again I will go a little lower again to get a more subtle lemon character. Really enjoying though👍🏼. I will send you a bottle of my Lemondrop brett Saison in a month or 2 , should be bottling it at the end of the week🤞🏼
IMG_20210531_213450.jpg

Sorachi Saison from @samale . Another tasty beer. Peppery/lemon aroma . Nicely carbonated from the bottle conditioning. Good level of bitterness, dry and spritzy carbonation all coming together to make a very drinkable and refreshing beer👍🏼.I have used sorachi ace in a saison before and I felt I over did it a bit as it's a bold hop and I thought it over powered the yeast character. Be interested to know how much sorachi you put in this one as yours seems a little more restrained which I prefer but I still feel if I was going to brew it with this hop again I will go a little lower again to get a more subtle lemon character. Really enjoying though👍🏼. I will send you a bottle of my Lemondrop brett Saison in a month or 2 , should be bottling it at the end of the week🤞🏼
View attachment 48282
I enjoyed a few of them yesterday in the sun. It was a user upper recipe, from memory I think I used 100g of Sorachi ace. 50g hot side with 50g dry hop with the peel of one lemon. Very simple recipe 3kg pilsner, 500g of wheat and sugar. Yeast was Belle Saison.
Lovely summer beer

I enjoyed a few of them yesterday in the sun. It was a user upper recipe, from memory I think I used 100g of Sorachi ace. 50g hot side with 50g dry hop with the peel of one lemon. Very simple recipe 3kg pilsner, 500g of wheat and sugar. Yeast was Belle Saison.
Lovely summer beer
Agreed , very refreshing. Cheers. I can taste the peel now you say that.

Very pleased with my out of date Brewferm Gallia with fresh safbrewBE-256. Thanks for the recommendation yeast wise. Hopefully.i cam leave it alone for a while and let it bottle condition properly

Attachments

• 20210531_205524.jpg
    20210531_205524.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210531_205524.jpg
    20210531_205524.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 42
I have been wanting to try this for a while. It's really good, total juice but also has a nice supporting base. I do get a hint of diesel, which I have only gotten once or twice but with the amount of citra that probably went into this one isn't that surprising.

It's expensive but worth it.

PXL_20210531_233841621.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back