What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff I am living in Derry. We must arrange a beer swap at some stage 👍👍
Yes definitely when I get some more brews under my belt. Wouldn't want to ruin your night with some of my recent attempts 😂. Stocks of home brew are at zero at the minute. Have one conditioning and one currently in the fermenter

You’d be very welcome but errr, I might supply the beers? 😬
That would definitely be the better option. Your setup and range of beers look amazing.

Now the burning question for today is, did you put talcum powder on the dancefloor this afternoon ?

Finished my keg of 3C pale ale ( Chinook, Cascade, Citra ), almost forgot about the other 5 litres I bottled !
IMG_2021-06-04-20-56-10-449.jpg

I mostly drink my own homebrew but I was on holiday last week which gave me a chance to try a few commercial beers for a change, for better or worse! In no particular order.....

Lagunitas IPA (supermarket cans) - OK but not what I recall on draft, it seemed less hoppy and more sweet to me.

Thornbridge Jaipur (supermarket cans) - Quite nice, I think the fragrant hops would go well with Thai or Indian food.

Greene King Ice Breaker Pale Ale - Not bad, quite orangey, but a bit one dimensional.

Sharps Atlantic Pale Ale - Didn't live up to the description on the glass, a bit bland, more like a pseudo lager.

Foster's - A disappointing restaurant with disappointing service and a disappointing beer selection. Now we tend to mock mass produced lagers like this but actually in truth... Oh my God, it's utterly awful! It's not just hyperbole - it really is totally bland and tasteless! Lager can be great when it's done right, but this sure as hell isn't!

London Pride - Can be a bit hit and miss for me but this was done right and jolly good.

Timothy Taylor Landlord - I spend my time trying to make hoppy IPAs and yet there it is, a simple English bitter - heaven in a glass 😊

I mostly drink my own homebrew but I was on holiday last week which gave me a chance to try a few commercial beers for a change, for better or worse! In no particular order.....

Lagunitas IPA (supermarket cans) - OK but not what I recall on draft, it seemed less hoppy and more sweet to me.

Thornbridge Jaipur (supermarket cans) - Quite nice, I think the fragrant hops would go well with Thai or Indian food.

Greene King Ice Breaker Pale Ale - Not bad, quite orangey, but a bit one dimensional.

Sharps Atlantic Pale Ale - Didn't live up to the description on the glass, a bit bland, more like a pseudo lager.

Foster's - A disappointing restaurant with disappointing service and a disappointing beer selection. Now we tend to mock mass produced lagers like this but actually in truth... Oh my God, it's utterly awful! It's not just hyperbole - it really is totally bland and tasteless! Lager can be great when it's done right, but this sure as hell isn't!

London Pride - Can be a bit hit and miss for me but this was done right and jolly good.

Timothy Taylor Landlord - I spend my time trying to make hoppy IPAs and yet there it is, a simple English bitter - heaven in a glass 😊
I agree with your observations. In particular, thoroughly disappointed with Sharps Atlantic. I love Sharps Special/Sea Fury, but Atlantic asad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back