What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good. How much fruit did you put in?
I used a 1L pouch of blueberry coulis in a ~10L ish batch. I found a Reddit post somewhere of a guy who'd made something very similar and he added fruit at about 3x this rate. That starts getting a bit expensive with coulis so next time I think I'd try frozen blueberries from Tesco or similar.

Having a pales day today... Starting with this, which I'm not keen on, but needs clearing from the beer store. The hops have faded, which in my opinion is an improvement.
_20210130_145617.JPG

Thought about it. Decided against it and washed my bottles for tomorrow. Trying out my Chinook Casacade wheaty user upper next 👍🏼
I brewed a cascade chinook pale with wheat and oats a few weeks ago just waiting on it to condition but tastes good
Planning a brew dog clone of their ipa is dead chinook smash, 100g chinook for tomorrow and a cascade with pale malt and cara malt that will be pitched straight onto the turb the week after.

I brewed a cascade chinook pale with wheat and oats a few weeks ago just waiting on it to condition but tastes good
Planning a brew dog clone of their ipa is dead chinook smash, 100g chinook for tomorrow and a cascade with pale malt and cara malt that will be pitched straight onto the turb the week after.
I have 250 g of cascade and Chinook. Looking at maybe a citra and cascade pale ale next. I might go with all light Munich as the base malt.

I have 250 g of cascade and Chinook. Looking at maybe a citra and cascade pale ale next. I might go with all light Munich as the base malt.
This is what I’m looking at next to use up the hops I have before ordering more.
Excuse my bad writing I’ve had a few

Attachments

• 986996BA-7B65-4433-9B0E-680C9E650EEB.jpeg
    986996BA-7B65-4433-9B0E-680C9E650EEB.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 43
2660724A-5C30-441E-93B3-6BED22FF21F5.jpeg
Youngs Harvest Barley Wine (8%)

This started life as a one can barley wine kit, 2.5KG Maris Otter mashed at 66C (and boiled for 30 minutes) fermented with Wyeast West Yorkshire Bitter slurry (from a batch of Yorkshire bitter). And it’s really nice, it has a sort of caramel banana like flavour to it you can taste the alcohol but it’s not overpowering.

No homebrew in the house apart from half a batch of toffee cider that didn't carbonate properly which I've just dumped into a corny to try fixing. I can hear the S-04 doing its thing with the golden ale so fingers crossed that will be done by Wednesday and in the Keezer on Friday.

In the meantime I snuck some Hazy Jane and Dead pony into the weekly shop...
Hazy.jpg

Was bored this afternoon, so I thought I'd try the first glass of Zombie Pale from the corny. It was only brewed 3 weeks ago and kegged last Sunday, so wasn't expecting much. It was cloudy, but smelt great, as for the taste, there is a slight yeastiness there, but its really smooth (you would never guess it had 200g of citra in it) and a really creamy mouthfeel. Hopefully it will improve further as it conditions, but for now I'm on my third glass, so something must be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back