What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W
Night shift with a hangover isn't much craic. I need the sofa and an ice pop
spent a lot of time in seagate way back. Wired the building when they first came to Derry and the sub fab a few years later. There is a large air handling unit above the clean room that makes an excellent bed and I spent many a sat and sun up there after a fri in the point inn and a sat in Kelly’s. Hangovers (and dancing tablets) were a lot easier then.

NOG kit to finish.
Keeps getting better.
I like it a lot.
_20210129_224902.JPG

W
spent a lot of time in seagate way back. Wired the building when they first came to Derry and the sub fab a few years later. There is a large air handling unit above the clean room that makes an excellent bed and I spent many a sat and sun up there after a fri in the point inn and a sat in Kelly’s. Hangovers (and dancing tablets) were a lot easier then.
😂😂😂
If you were at the point you must be 10 years older than me......
No way I could go back to days of taking bangers.

😂😂😂
If you were at the point you must be 10 years older than me......
No way I could go back to days of taking bangers.
Ahem it was only a few years ago (in my mind) things were good at the time but if tried now would lead to last rites or divorce and a few frowns from my daughters.
Time moves faster than we know till it’s too late.
And it’s 10 years wiser not older

Mixture tonight Plum Porter, 0.05 ml still too much essence, this is going into a comp in 2 weeks. Going to dilute down to at least half. Last time I was in the UK the Plum Porter I had was more a prune taste, which I enjoyed . If anyone knows of an essence of prune I would gratefully appreciate where I could purchase.
001.JPG

Golden Ale, going into same comp, happy with this.
006.JPG

Making up for last nights lack of beer with a Redchurch Stratford Pilsner whilst I salt some cabbage for sauerkraut and wash bottles for bottling day tomorrow. It's a nice crisp pils, perfect start to my Saturday session
IMG_20210130_110727_772.jpg

I've got to have one more 330ml bottle after this and I should have exactly enough to bottle my Quadrupel 👌🏼

Next up an Oki Deep Pacific Lager from Cotswold brewery. Malty aroma with some rye spice, tastes the same too. Crystal clear with a deep amber, almost red colour. Very impressed with this one
IMG_20210130_114559.jpg

I had a couple of first tastings last night:

AG#64 Hoppy Amber Ale v2

20210129_215704.jpg

This is actually a split batch with WY1318 vs. Lallemand Verdant IPA but I'm damned if I can tell them apart. It's nice enough but it comes across more like an English bitter which isn't quite what I was aiming for - I think v1 was actaully a bit more hoppy. It's got plenty of hops in it so I need to go back to have a rethink when/how I add them, but it's nice enough. On the plus side, I deliberately aimed for lower carbonation with this one which I reckon is about right - considerably less than commercial bottled beers, closer to a hand pulled pint.

AG#62 Blueberry Kettle Sour

20210129_222913.jpg

I'm really pleased with this, my first go at a sour beer. Even Mrs76 who isn't a beer drinker liked it (had to fight to get my glass back off her). It's fruity although I'm not sure it specifically screams blueberries and I would definitely add more fruit next time. It's sour but not excessively so - personally I would look to increase the acidity a bit more next time. I don't think it tastes like "beer" but then again it isn't supposed to - I like it and that's what it's really about.

I had a couple of first tastings last night:

AG#64 Hoppy Amber Ale v2

View attachment 40497

This is actually a split batch with WY1318 vs. Lallemand Verdant IPA but I'm damned if I can tell them apart. It's nice enough but it comes across more like an English bitter which isn't quite what I was aiming for - I think v1 was actaully a bit more hoppy. It's got plenty of hops in it so I need to go back to have a rethink when/how I add them, but it's nice enough. On the plus side, I deliberately aimed for lower carbonation with this one which I reckon is about right - considerably less than commercial bottled beers, closer to a hand pulled pint.

AG#62 Blueberry Kettle Sour

View attachment 40498

I'm really pleased with this, my first go at a sour beer. Even Mrs76 who isn't a beer drinker liked it (had to fight to get my glass back off her). It's fruity although I'm not sure it specifically screams blueberries and I would definitely add more fruit next time. It's sour but not excessively so - personally I would look to increase the acidity a bit more next time. I don't think it tastes like "beer" but then again it isn't supposed to - I like it and that's what it's really about.
Sounds good. How much fruit did you put in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back