What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trappist single it is then. 👌
View attachment 57308

Just bottled my Belgian tripel, just shy of 10%
I knew it would be close on 10%! Mine is strong enough at 8.14%.

Belgian Tripel

8D1DEE72-5946-4B70-8A51-032CDF908A1E.jpeg

I'd have to install a lavatory in the wardrobe having beers like that around.
Sometimes after drinking a few of those, I think I was lucky not to fall asleep in the lavatory or the wardrobe (that's an unattached, big clothes closet, right?).
Really, they're too strong to sit and drink at a gathering and nobody wanted to believe me when I said to be careful because they aren't normal beers.

Sometimes after drinking a few of those, I think I was lucky not to fall asleep in the lavatory or the wardrobe (that's an unattached, big clothes closet, right?).
Really, they're too strong to sit and drink at a gathering and nobody wanted to believe me when I said to be careful because they aren't normal beers.
Yeah you're right Dave! I bet you could find a lion and a witch at the back of the wardrobe after a few jars of mind bender!

I’ve made a few strong beers that in the end I’ve had to drink all myself. Most of my family and friends start to get quite nervous beyond 6%, in fact they are far more comfortable if I describe a 5.98% beer as 5.9% rather than 6%! 😂

Over the last year I’ve gradually dropped the strength of many of my beers because I do drink quite a bit (keep that quiet, I don’t think anyone’s noticed 🤫).

quite nervous beyond 6%
My family's a bit different. We all tend toward Imperial stouts, Belgian Quads and Tripels, Imperial IPAs and so on. But even those from the market max around 9% or 10%.
I'm going to make a Founders Better Half clone next which is in the 9% range. It's 12.7% in the one they sell. It has molasses and maple syrup flavors and low IBU (35 I think).

My family's a bit different. We all tend toward Imperial stouts, Belgian Quads and Tripels, Imperial IPAs and so on. But even those from the market max around 9% or 10%.
I'm going to make a Founders Better Half clone next which is in the 9% range. It's 12.7% in the one they sell. It has molasses and maple syrup flavors and low IBU (35 I think).
David were your ancestors Moonshiners ⚗😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back