What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may know, I started on this forum with winemaking, and I put 1 bottle of every flavour away for a year.

It’s now time to try the first one, which is a dessert wine from last November. Just waiting for the husband and daughter-in-law to get here, then we’re going to share it. 🤩

26BD482E-A77C-453C-9E22-982496C9E821.jpeg

As some of you may know, I started on this forum with winemaking, and I put 1 bottle of every flavour away for a year.

It’s now time to try the first one, which is a dessert wine from last November. Just waiting for the husband and daughter-in-law to get here, then we’re going to share it. 🤩

View attachment 57291
Looks nice Lisa what is it made from 🍷

I will have a look for you, it’s been a while lol
Have made wine country wine now for longer than I care to remember ,not as much as I used to but enough to keep me and the other half happy , brew more beer nowadays but always try for about seven or eight gallons a year , but always leave them for over a year before bottling , they only get better with time 👍🍷

View attachment 57291
Looks delish

QC on the Hazelwood Brewery plum porter just to check it's carbonated so I can move it to the shed.
It is! Cap pops with a gentle hisss...beer pours with a light tan head which lingers and laces the glass. This beer finished at 1.020 and I was worried about it being too sweet. Nothing to worry about,it's a sweet start with a firm bitter finish,a slight silky feel,altogether mixing nicely with the plum aroma. I think it does need longer for the base malts to develop but it's quite drinkable. Colour wise it's very dark as expected but has a nice Ruby glow held to the light. I shall move the batch to the shed and QC check weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back