What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pint of my 5 points bitter - really interesting this one. All Fuggle hops and has a strange but moorish taste - some would say medicinal or grassy - but Im not going with that!!! Long live the Fuggle!

Starting with Summer Breeze tonight.

A4E20578-BFA3-48DF-B6CF-3581D9382F29.jpeg

You pour the Guinness in such a way that it sits on top of the Bass so you see a distinct line between where the bass changes to Guinness. Typically using the back of the spoon will help in this endeavor but I failed miserably as you can see the Guinness is showing up in most of the glass mixing with the Bass.

I've heard that using that term can be insensitive which is why I used the term half and half and didn't want to unknowingly offend anybody on this forum.

That is very considerate of you and I for one really appreciate that sentiment.

I've got one on the go too...I'd agree it's very tasty.
I think, Clint, you will like it, BUT, not like anything you have tasted before, but in a good way! Maybe with more conditioning it will be brilliant. Some poor sod on here is getting one for Christmas! whoops.

Dave do you find any difference in the Belgian beers between kegging and bottling.
Not so much in the flavour. But with some of the more traditional higher carbonation styles I prefer the feel and consistency of bottle conditioned carbonation. The more modern Belgian styles that are more about the hops I don't mind kegging. Also I don't like beers brewed with diasaticus yeast in the kegs and lines. I'll keg pales and Belgian IPA.

Bought these today definitely improved going left to right. They tell you what hops they've used in the first 2 but does anyone know what hops they've used in the Revelation, I recently done an Amerillo smash and I'm sure I can taste that in there. Cheers
16365973306161046893964494686695.jpg

Bought these today definitely improved going left to right. They tell you what hops they've used in the first 2 but does anyone know what hops they've used in the Revelation, I recently done an Amerillo smash and I'm sure I can taste that in there. Cheers View attachment 57422
It's not my Amarillo I'm thinking about, it's my riwaka smash, sorry. Both very very nice though

We’re out tonight so I’m having just a small glass of my Belgian Tripel after watching episode 2 of Beer Masters.

It’s good but will benefit from a little more carbonation and a little longer conditioning I think.

View attachment 57430

@Hazelwood Brewery - I haven't done my tripel yet, but when I do, if I put finings in it, is that a deadly sin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back