What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sticking with my German Pilsner for now. With an early-ish start to the drinking it’s probably as well to warm up with something below 6%!

A4EAC375-CC65-49EF-8197-D4279DE66718.jpeg

Alright I have two more to go. Testing out the Golden Pride before the Broadside. This one is really nice, smooth, nicely balanced but leans to malt and sweet. And remarkably drinkable for 8.5% I highly recommend this one.
20210103_171428.jpg

Current rankings:
Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale
Golden Pride
Fuller's Vintage Ale
Old Crafty Hen
King Goblin
Old Peculier
Abbot Reseve
McEwans Champion
Fullers ESB
Fullers 1845
Old Tom

How is it? I am curious about the differences to your Czech version.

It’s nice 😉

It’s still fruity but less so (Tetnang vs Saaz), a bit more neutral in flavour generally, just a tad more bitterness. Still clean, fresh, and dry. It’s also lower alcohol (5.1% vs 6.3%) so is a bit more sessionable - I’m sure that’s a word 😂

Want one?

It’s nice 😉

It’s still fruity but less so (Tetnang vs Saaz), a bit more neutral in flavour generally, just a tad more bitterness. Still clean, fresh, and dry. It’s also lower alcohol (5.1% vs 6.3%) so is a bit more sessionable - I’m sure that’s a word 😂

Want one?
I'd love one, that sounds great. I always struggle with brewing only 5% beers, but I do rather enjoy them.

I also love tettnang, such a good hop.

Testing my Dunkel Weizen after 2 weeks in the bottle, seems it will need longer conditioning time compared to a Hefeweizen but so far this has a nice strong malt character with that yeast profile I was hoping for. Kept it simple with 50% wheat, 45% dark Munich and 5% chocolate malt
IMG_20210103_204645.jpg

Dinner duties again tonight, nothing special for dinner, cold roast pork and a fry up. But on the beverage scene!
003.JPG

Best Bitter, no not a dirty glass that is carbonation.
Second ESB,
004.JPG

Both of these were brewed specifically for comps, the Best Bitter is ready to go, the ESB another couple of weeks to reach prime.
Third Irish Extra Stout. Wouldn't have been drinking this but the discussion in another thread had passed on a sublime message. Weak I know but ceded to that message.
006.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back