What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is real dishwater.
Would rather drink fosters at Spoon's
IMG_20210102_180145.jpg

Sorry, need to switch to gin to take away the taste.
Given the glass to teenage son.

I think I over cooked it with the hops. I added 80g of Amarillo plus 80g of Sorachi ace. Amarillo totally dominates
What size batch was that in and was it a dry hop? I'm wondering if the sorachi Ace amplified it or you have super Amarillo as I have never had it the orange come through that strongly.

Clearly quite thirsty tonight as I am straight onto number 2. My Greg Hughes Christmas Ale, this one came out at about 7.3%, I was a bit vague on strike and sparge volumes so ended up with about 21 litres of quite potent wort which a packet of S04 took down to 1.010. resulting in something that hits you like a hammer and has a nice aniseedy blackjacky aftertaste. We're calling it Reindeers Ruin...

Christmas Beer.jpg

We are eagerly awaiting your recipe!
Well I am...
From my post
Belgian imperial stout
3kg maris otter
2kg light Munich
500g medium crystal
300g chocolate rye
200g special W
200g carafa 3
300g porridge oats
200g roasted barley added last 10mins of the mash
20g magnum@60mins
30g Chinook@5mins
30g Chinook flame out
Yeast wlp530

My rum and raisin stout, no picture, no head, dark as the night, aroma far better than taste, its come out of the shed very cold, definitely better as it warms but still not great. Was going to chuck it earlier but persevered.

I think my kegerator fridge/can store as packed in, I better make a start of emptying it.
One of my brew fridges packed up the other day so I'm just using it to ferment in but need to switch to another one to cold crash!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back