What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last couple bottles of the Nog today. stashed one away to try in a few months I'm planning to move to AG in the next month or so but this is a kit I would make again a cracking drink for anyone considering making it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210411_144720.jpg
    IMG_20210411_144720.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 38
Last couple bottles of the Nog today. stashed one away to try in a few months I'm planning to move to AG in the next month or so but this is a kit I would make again a cracking drink for anyone considering making it.
What kit is it. Friend was thinking about starting brewing. He asked me to recommend a kit.

That should be around 6 pm. We have had sun and snow already today 😂
Your spot on there
I took the daughter out on a driving lesson we went from having to open a window when the sun was shining in the window to having to turn the heater on when we went round the corner.

Today’s warm up is curtesy of @dave_77 and his Belgian Pale at 4.6%

You can see the ale is well carbonated, golden in colour, and crystal clear. The nice fluffy white head stuck around to the end.

View attachment 44981

The aroma is quite familiar. There’s a citrus aroma, some spice, and to me there’s a hint of white wine. I’m not really getting Belgian esters but the beer is cold. The aroma is actually reminiscent of my Goofie Saison flavoured with orange peel and Nelson Sauvin hops though I see from the label this beer has Cashmere and EKG. What do I know? Not much it seems 😂

The flavour also reminds me of my Goofie Saison and definitely has spice, citrus, a hint of white wine and something a little woody - puts me in mind of joss sticks but in a good way!

It’s another nice clean enjoyable ale Dave and again one I’d be happy to drink all afternoon if I had another half dozen. Thanks very much.

Just before signing off, what yeast did you use with this?
Glad you enjoyed athumb..
It was WLP 510 Bastogne Belgian Ale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back