What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a bloody hectic weekend (My youngest daughter was 18 yesterday😱) I’ve finally put my feet up in the garden and she is down the pub with her mates!! The Sun has gone behind the trees opposite me but it is still quite warm so I’ve cracked open a can of Legra Pale Ale. From the local Leigh on Sea brewery. Maris Otter and Torrified Wheat and single hopped with Citra. A very nice hazy pale ale.
63C20487-259B-4DAC-AAB2-9794E860214E.jpeg

Big celebrations at my mate's house whose production company won a Bafta today,, best entertainment award - life and rhymes on Sky arts with Benjamin Zephaniah.

Triumph of creative Invention over big budget productions such as Ant and Dec, strictly ballroom,Masked Singer - yeah !!

( Chinook pale ale )
IMG_2021-06-06-17-31-47-541.jpg

End of a week on holiday. Seen a few relatives and been away with friends. Stretching out my last evening with a couple of beers, this Saison being one of them while I'm cleaning and passivating some kegs. Back to work tomorrow.
rps20210606_205338.jpg

Late night brewing tonight , first time brewing a Belgian Wit🤞🏼
IMG_20210606_184354.jpg

For a little refreshment to pass the time whilst the boil is on chilling to a bit of Groove Armarda I'm drinking a NEIPA kindly delivered today by @dan125 . Another lovely beer , smooth drinking, it's a good looker👌🏻 aroma has a little grassy mango type aroma(maybe)..I have had hoppier beers from you but it's still very tasty beer.
IMG_20210606_203318.jpg

Every day is a School day so after a long time on this Forum, mostly lurking I thought I'd try a couple of beers that you guys on the mainland enjoy so much but aren't so well known over here in the far North West. @samale @Donegal john & @Gerryjo will back me up here.
We love our beers heavily carbonated so the biggest shock was the low carving. I have to say I prefer the Doom Bar over the Proper Job.
20210606_220601.jpg

Just trying @JFB Berliner weisse. This is my first time trying this style.
After some research it's a low alcohol sour beer.
This hits all the style guide lines for me. Lovely golden and hazy. Carbonation is spot on. Big aroma and taste with just the right amount of sour for me. It's light and refreshing.
This is what I love about swapping beer on the forum. I would never dream of brewing this. Thanks again 👍👍
This is a really well made beer which is probably well aged
IMG_20210606_220609114.jpg

Every day is a School day so after a long time on this Forum, mostly lurking I thought I'd try a couple of beers that you guys on the mainland enjoy so much but aren't so well known over here in the far North West. @samale @Donegal john & @Gerryjo will back me up here.
We love our beers heavily carbonated so the biggest shock was the low carving. I have to say I prefer the Doom Bar over the Proper Job.
View attachment 48628
Here now. I cut my teeth on these way back as they were basically the only ones that could be got in Tesco that weren’t the usual bud coors harp and the like. It was those 2 and mcquewans , old speckled hen and bishops finger that made me look into home brewing. Haven’t had them in ages though as they tend to make my gout flare up if I have a feed of them (no idea why)
Nice example of an amber in the doombar but not a fan of proper job.

I
This is a special beer. I can't even begin to describe the depth of flavour. It's aged in bourbon whiskey and sherry barrels.
@Donegal john I will get you one on the next trip.
Lovely imperial stout, it's up there with the best I have tasted
View attachment 48646
Is that one of the beers you picked up from dicey Riley’s in Ballyshannon ?

just had a quick google and they boil the beer for 24hrs and age it for a year in the barrels. That’s dedication

I

Is that one of the beers you picked up from dicey Riley’s in Ballyshannon ?

just had a quick google and they boil the beer for 24hrs and age it for a year in the barrels. That’s dedication
Yep the mate picked it up for me. 7 euro but well worth it. Really nice and smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back