What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

This one is too god to go on a shop bought beer yet.
Too lazy to get a better photo, tough day at the funny farm

Just having 1 beer. I was holding off on drinking my beers until Saturday nights as trying to lose a stone in weight. But I ran 9K earlier and feel I deserve this. A Mangrove Jacks Australian Pale Ale.

Attachments

• 6F4CEEED-7384-42E5-AEC8-A82EE3BE8945.jpeg
    6F4CEEED-7384-42E5-AEC8-A82EE3BE8945.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 12
After a reliable Grey Sheep, probably my first ever shot at three of my own bitters consecutively. For this one, I went back to my much earlier practice of adding a fair bit of flaked barley, so I just called it Flakey Bitter. I split it into two batches, one with S-04, and one with Liberty Bell. The one with S-04 has cleared brilliantly, and the one with Liberty Bell, er, hasn't. So that's been put away for a while longer, and first taste of the other half-batch. I do like that grainy taste that the barley gives. perhaps could do with a little more hops, but again I'm really pleased; my several previous attempts at bitters have been so disappointing compared to other styles, but I feel like I am getting my mojo for this style now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back