What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20231008_181005.jpg

Yesterday evening catch-up.
Enough of this comparison malarky.
I will confess my recently brewed Exmoor has a definite bitterness to it, but having used the floor malted MO as the base, it is also has a full rich mouthfeel to stand up to it. My Prima Donna hops as the late addition also help there too.
We moved on to drinking a Rhone red with beef after this,
Only the empty bottle to show,
Sorry!
IMG_20231009_080421.jpg

Just a heads up...our jolly was at Bowness on Windermere and we stopped at The Angel Inn. The accommodation,food and beer were spot on and I can highly recommend it! Free on site parking too. The pub crawl round the town was great too...plenty of bars,traditional pubs etc to suit all tastes!
I'm now home and plotting the rest of the week seeing as I is on leave from the sanitorium.

Been away for a wee bit but down in London one night for work, thought I’d try a local craft beer pub - Smugglers Tavern near Euston. So left to rightPanama creature gluten free lager, unfiltered lager Hacker -pschorr, and Lervig Loudspeaker. Yes it’s a Monday, but I rarely get this sort of opportunity.. the unfiltered lager is a bit odd - a sort of farmhouse lager with bready notes.
IMG_0214.jpeg

My own Hef Weisen. Not bad for my second ever brew. Still missing some flavours, as its only a few days in the keg, but I had to try it. Very cloudy but i suppose thats wheatbeers for you
Update. It's much better now. Nice head on pouring but it doesn't last long. The head that is. Tastes good, just looking a chucking some cherry at it. To experiment.

My wife just got home from taking an elderly relative shopping and she bought me a few beers 🥰

I’m having this one while working on a small brew shed project - more on that in my brew day thread later 😉. The beer is quite easy drinking and not at all bad.

View attachment 90778
Extension cable and tools in the background. If that was me I'd also have the first aid box out, I find it impossible to do DIY without drawing blood. On one occasion I had blood on me and couldn't find where it was from :confused.:

I'm weak and I've had a ***** day in work so cracked a home brew open.

Had issues with this from the get go but it's drinkable. Some bottles pour absolutely fine and leave a decent head, although it doesn't last, some, once you pop them open decide they want to mix everything together (lot of sediment) and go beserk. All bottled at the same time and the priming sugar was put into the mix before bottling 🤷

1000032701.jpg

IMG_2095.jpeg
Little Ox Beaver Moon 4.5%

Hopped with Amarillo & Centennial I would say it is fairly close to what I would expect from a nice bitter. It does have a bit of hoppiness but despite the choice of hops it is very much an English style ale, that honestly is probably best served on cask rather than out of a can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back