What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Taras Boulba with added spelt and oats. Same strength, too. I shall seek one out hoping I like it more than the TB, which didn't float my boat at all.
It's similar to TB in bitterness and crispness but with a slightly more modern citrus hop flavour from Moutueka. Very nice beer. . Get on the BS website as they only re brew it occasionally.

Not sure why I have cracked this on a school night at 10%+ . Barrel aged barley wine from Wilderness Brewery... fantastic..
IMG_20230921_220725.jpg

I’ve not done much today after finishing my brewing schedule for the week. I did go for a walk down to the locks and met up with some neighbours there. There’s a tiny cafe on the locks so I enjoyed a coffee and a hot sausage roll in the sun.

Back home, I’m starting with a Pirate Pale - I know this is getting a bit predictable but it’s just so nice. 🤷‍♂️

63296CB4-7BDE-4636-91F2-8A82756B7643.jpeg

This is the second French farmhouse style sent by @samale. It’s a Biere de Garde, 6% ABV which means I’ll have room for something else after.
Lovely pour, it’s light amber, crystal clear, medium carbonation and delivered a generous head lasted the whole glass. Toasty malt aromas follow on to the taste. Rich malt forward flavours of toasted bread, caramel and a hint of spice are balanced perfectly with a crisp medium bitter and dry finish.
It’s a great example of a style that’s been on my to-brew list for a long time. I’m inspired to give it a go. Cheer mate, I really enjoyed that one 👏👏
View attachment 90117
That was meant to be my entry to brew like a monk. Unfortunately some of the bottles are over carbonated. So I cant take the risk, same thing happened with my tripel. Not sure what to do

Last edited:
That was meant to be my entry to brew like a monk. Unfortunately some of the bottles are over carbonated. So I can take the risk, same thing happened with my tripel. Not sure what to do
You can tap the bottles with a teaspoon. A higher pitched ring = higher carbonation assuming the fill level is comparable. Pick out the bottles with the lower pitched ring, ideally one more bottle than you need so you can open it and test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back