What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iā€™m starting today with one of these green-hopped beers from Musket.

3B25463E-2B7A-4E3A-97B2-F2EB0BE1A483.jpeg

Picked this up in Asda for Ā£1.10 as I was curious. It's ok , not very bitter so seems more like a Helles. Looking at their website they don't have a beer just labelled Lager so I'm assuming it's a beer brewed for the supermarkets and not a core brewery beer.
IMG_20231105_172816.jpg

View attachment 91568
Biere de Garde kindly sent by @samale with the imperial swap. A bit lively as advised but poured safely and the big pillowy head lasted forever. First time drinking one of these for me so much appreciated.
First time making one, just glad it poured ok. What did you make of it. It's different to any other Belgian beer I have made. The yeast is very reserved in comparison

First time making one, just glad it poured ok. What did you make of it. It's different to any other Belgian beer I have made. The yeast is very reserved in comparison
It was less malty than I expected from the description even after it warmed up. Fruity, no bitterness, warm alcohol.

I think you would have been fine entering it in a comp, sure they can work out how to pour.

Another pull of the northern brewer smash, coming along nicely itā€™s still young but very fresh I will say northern brewer is my kind of hop, I wish I was better at describing things apart from it is very nice

Looks tasty!
I also like Northern Brewer, I've got a couple of beers bittered with it about ready to keg - an Amber ale with Cascade and a Pilsener( though Brewfather calls it a Belgian single ) with Saaz.

Nearly finished ploughing through my accounts for last year so feet up with this London Porter from Fullers.
Chocolate and molasses from the malt with some bitter sweet fruitiness, first time trying and liking this, another nice winter ale.

20231105_181849.jpg

It was less malty than I expected from the description even after it warmed up. Fruity, no bitterness, warm alcohol.

I think you would have been fine entering it in a comp, sure they can work out how to pour.
I have never had a commercial bottle so I have nothing to compare it

Celebrating Bonfire Night by drinking my HB Eisbock bottled in March 2022. Simple ingredients, but the most technically challenging beer I've ever made. The grist was 1/3 Bohemian Pilsner, 1/3 Munich Type 1, and 1/3 Vienna. I made a doppelbock, froze it, removed the ice, and bottled with bottling yeast. 13.1% ABV in the end. A lot of chill haze and quite flavourful.

IMG_9097.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back