What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...as good as any! Just dreadful vending machine tea for me tonight....dreaded night shift....boo!
Finished my nights yesterday morning so may have another stout.
@Clint we have a great selection of drinks or coffee,expression, Cappuccino,soup and tea for free may I say and all are exceptionally good.

Gerry

Got dragged to the supermarket today so SWMBO bought me -

I haven't tried Firkin fox before and reviews are a bit of a mixed bag.

815_crop179x568.png
beer_7211.jpg
beer_4139.jpg
iron-maiden-trooper-beer-1368717113.jpg

The first photo answers the question "What are you drinking tonight?"; it's a Vienna Lager.

Lager MK6.jpg

The second photo answers the question "When were the other three Vienna Lager MK's emptied?"

Lager Board.jpg

The third photograph answers the question "Why did you think you needed a brew tonight?"

Mash Spill.jpg

I was well into a SMASH with Maris Otter and Saaz when ...

... BUGGER!

Full details on my BrewDay!

I've always noticed that it's SWMBO that does your beer buying and it's quite endearing to hear as mine might buy me a bottle of Sambucca once a year.

Gerry

Don't ever knock the efforts of SWMBO!

Today (for the first time ever) SWMBO helped me stir the malt into the Strike Water ... :thumb: :thumb:

... and then, seeing that I was busy, cooked me lunch! :thumb: :thumb:

I think she must be feeling guilty about something! :whistle: :whistle:

I've just started drinking the Belgian IPA I made with the third generation of a batch of WLP530 I made a patersbier and golden strong ale with. Pilsner, wheat, Vienna & Munich hopped with columbus & cascade & fermented at 18c, low for the strain. It is absolutely beautiful - the bitterness and hop flavour balances so well with malt profile and the yeast is undeniably Belgian but the spiciness is far more reserved than the golden ale that was ramped up to 26c by the time it finished. Doing Belgian beers from liquid yeast has been a real revelation - I thought I was happy with the beers I made before but this has put things into perspective.

Just having the 2nd to last of my Chestnut Ale and wow what a change a few months make with a mellow earthy chestnut flavour with a slightly spicy note tingling on the tongue.Chrystal clear and golden in colour though lovely too drink one at a sitting near the end of the night would be enough as there is a warmth to it denoting the alcohol presence.
Definitely inspired and although alot of work preparing the chestnuts I shall definitely brew again but maybe with a Belgian yeast.
ceb7dced17fdd2d82bddebdafdbc722f.jpg

Gerry

Just having the 2nd to last of my Chestnut Ale and wow what a change a few months make with a mellow earthy chestnut flavour with a slightly spicy note tingling on the tongue.Chrystal clear and golden in colour though lovely too drink one at a sitting near the end of the night would be enough as there is a warmth to it denoting the alcohol presence.
Definitely inspired and although alot of work preparing the chestnuts I shall definitely brew again but maybe with a Belgian yeast.
ceb7dced17fdd2d82bddebdafdbc722f.jpg

Gerry

I don't suppose your saving the last one for next month's experimental comp? I just happen to be judging that one. 😉
Send me a pm if you want to.

I don't suppose your saving the last one for next month's experimental comp? I just happen to be judging that one. 😉
Send me a pm if you want to.
Forgot clean about the experimental competition as the last is in my crate with other brews I'm saving till Crimbo though my lucky 7 brew is ready, brewed with seven types of grain and there's three different yeasts in there too if that's of interest 👍

Gerry

Forgot clean about the experimental competition as the last is in my crate with other brews I'm saving till Crimbo though my lucky 7 brew is ready, brewed with seven types of grain and there's three different yeasts in there too if that's of interest 👍

Gerry

That sounds a bit experimental to me pal, be sure to let me know exactly what's in there because I'll probably struggle to pick it apart just by tasting. I presume it was a bit of a bubble and squeak brew, to clear out the grain store?

That sounds a bit experimental to me pal, be sure to let me know exactly what's in there because I'll probably struggle to pick it apart just by tasting. I presume it was a bit of a bubble and squeak brew, to clear out the grain store?
1kg Maris Otter
1kg Pale Ale malt
1kg Wheat malt
1kg Irish Whiskey malt
1kg White's speedicook oats
0.5kg Chateau ruby
0.5kg Cara red

Hops Ella
60 - 10g
30 - 10g
10 - 10g
5 - 20g

Yeast
Belgian CML*2
Pale ale CML*1
Notty 3rd gen yeast cake

Hope that's in the experimental category.[emoji106]

Gerry

Williams Bros Double Joker IPA. More like a double APA. But I prefer that malt hit with my hops.

Good brew

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Williams Bros Double Joker IPA. More like a double APA. But I prefer that malt hit with my hops.

Good brew

I really like the standard Joker, it's a good dependable supermarket IPA, but I found the double way to sweet and cloying. It badly needs an injection of hop bitterness to balance it out I think.

Possibly Aldi's.

I'll keep an eye out for the Tempest New World IPA.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back