What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much for a school night...

Youngs Scottish heavy
Hbc dipa
Coopers stout
Raspberry wheat beer
2nd Hbc dipa
Lucky 13 stout

Please tell me I don't have work tomorrow.

OK, so far I'm three and a half beers through the haul. The two Black IPAs, Bevertown Black Betty and Brewdog Arctic nation were both great, but I have to say I prefer the Brewdog. I don't know how they do it, but their IPAs are so crisp and clean. The hops really shone through. The Girardin Kriek was spectacular. Real massive hit of cherries, tartness, a bit of sweetness, and so light and refreshing. Mmmm... delicious. I'm on to the Wild Beer Co. Sourdough, which is brewed with Brett and sourdough yeast. Geeez, this is sour, but not in a bad way at all. I've never had anything like it before.

I'm at work and already wishing it was beer o'clock.

Brakspear Oxford Gold is on offer in my local Morrisons (£1 a pop) so I'll be having one of those while my homemade IPA conditions.

I usually use Friday to have something a little stronger like Leffe or Westmalle but I'll see what's on offer.

I've a couple of Founders All Day IPA in the fridge and I reckon I'll bung another bottle of my still conditioning American Amber (although its the darkest bloody amber I've seen!) to see what that's like now. It's had over 2 weeks, so should be coming along ok now I reckon.

OK, so far I'm three and a half beers through the haul. The two Black IPAs, Bevertown Black Betty and Brewdog Arctic nation were both great, but I have to say I prefer the Brewdog. I don't know how they do it, but their IPAs are so crisp and clean. The hops really shone through. The Girardin Kriek was spectacular. Real massive hit of cherries, tartness, a bit of sweetness, and so light and refreshing. Mmmm... delicious. I'm on to the Wild Beer Co. Sourdough, which is brewed with Brett and sourdough yeast. Geeez, this is sour, but not in a bad way at all. I've never had anything like it before.

if you get a taste for sours - try the boon oude gueze - that will strip paint :lol: in a nice way.

What am I drinking tonite........
VALIUM
Just got all my bottles in the dish washer
Cooked 4 packs of chicken for the cricket club curry tomorrow nite
Got dinner ready
Jeez Im completely drained

Tee total tonight, I've got a big day on it tomorrow watching United hopefully win the Cup.

I'm home alone tonight,
20160519_184712.jpg

Bevertown Black Betty Black IPA
Brewdog Elvis Juice
Brewdog Arcade Nation
Brewdog Ace of Simcoe
Brewdog Monk Hammer
Brewdog Hop Fiction
Goller Rauchbier
Kernal Chinook Dry Stout
Kernal Galaxy Pale Ale
Buxton Axe Edge
Stone Coffee Milk Stout
Wild Beer Co. Sourdough
Thornbridge Eldon Bourbon Oak Imperial Stout
Fraoch Heather Ale
Gueuze Girardin
Kriek Girardin

So, they are in the fridge but aren't cold yet. Which one shall I have first? Which ones doesn't matter if its not cold?

Bloody hell you must have had a rough week!

Tee total tonight, I've got a big day on it tomorrow watching United hopefully win the Cup.
Get lost..
we all know Palace are going to win
OOOO....just saw a pig fly over my house?:lol:

I'm home alone tonight, so I decided to pop into the local bottle shop to get something I haven't tried before. Accidentally came back with this lot :twisted:

I do this now and again, normally around pay day's with some OT added, buy a bunch of randoms as a treat/experiment :grin:

That looks an excellent selection, only one I've had is the heather ale, which tbh, was not up to my expectations (lot of Google bumph on this one).

Sometimes you discover something unusual and excellent - that's how I first came across a black IPA (Alechemy) and an orange peel oat stout 'March of the Penguins'.

Enjoy mate... :drink:

I do this now and again, normally around pay day's with some OT added, buy a bunch of randoms as a treat/experiment :grin:

That looks an excellent selection, only one I've had is the heather ale, which tbh, was not up to my expectations (lot of Google bumph on this one).

Sometimes you discover something unusual and excellent - that's how I first came across a black IPA (Alechemy) and an orange peel oat stout 'March of the Penguins'.

Enjoy mate... :drink:

Thanks baggybill,
This is the first time I've bought a load like this. When I was in London, about 5 years ago, I used to go the the Royal Mile whiskey shop every second pay day or so to get a half decent bottle of single malt. This is a bit cheaper, and I get to try 16 different drinks! Anyway, I'm just cracking open the last one now. Cheers!

Only had a few this evening. Up early to head to Waterloo Tap before heading to Wembley.

Had a Rocket Morpheus, a Danish Brown Ale brewed with Brettanomyces. Was ok, but a little thin and fairly one-dimensional. Then had a Blacks of Kinsale Black IPA, didn't have much hop character and again was very thin. Finished off with one of my Belgian Strong Goldens as a tester. Needs more conditioning, but I've got high hopes for this.

Also have a 750ml bottle of Saison Anniversaire, but that's staying in the fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back