What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a bottle of my very high abv Slovenian ale. Calling it styrian wolf as it has most the pack in there.

Such a lovely flavour, and the amount of hops in there seems to combat the fact it's almost 10%!

Was surprised that the west coast yeast made it that far.

Missus asked me last night if I'd had a bottle of 'that ridiculous strong beer'

Asked why?

She said your eyes are glazed and your starting to sluuuur.

;-)

Happy days!

I have, just last week in fact! A nice spicy grapefruit offering, masked the ABV very well. Accomplished beer, i must say, but not my favourite (if you're talking favourite DIPA it's Buxton Two Ton followed closely by Buxton Wyoming Sheep Ranch).

Ooh, not had the Two Ton before, but really like the WSR so might have to seek it out. Buxton could brew with cat **** and it'd still taste amazing!

Got a Brew By Numbers new double IPA 55:01 which I might crack open tonight. Meant to be very good.

Ooh, not had the Two Ton before, but really like the WSR so might have to seek it out. Buxton could brew with cat **** and it'd still taste amazing!

Got a Brew By Numbers new double IPA 55:01 which I might crack open tonight. Meant to be very good.

Two Ton was a limited edition (although hope to God they rebrew it) using two tons of malt in it. It was a bolshy 11%, caramelly sweet goodness. And, again, the ABV was masked really well. Check it out here.

Off too a wedding this weekend, so I'll mostly be drinking the beer I brewed for the occasion!

DSC_0989.JPG

I'm looking forward to trying a bottle from my 2nd wheat beer experiment for the first time tonight (been carbed 2 weeks and conditioned 1 week), and then one from my first experiment with unmalted wheat (its lovely) and then possibly a pint of my gorgeous summer ale. :thumb:

I tried a bottle of my very high abv Slovenian ale. Calling it styrian wolf as it has most the pack in there.

Such a lovely flavour, and the amount of hops in there seems to combat the fact it's almost 10%!

Was surprised that the west coast yeast made it that far.

Missus asked me last night if I'd had a bottle of 'that ridiculous strong beer'

Asked why?

She said your eyes are glazed and your starting to sluuuur.

;-)

Happy days!

10% gotta do a swop - how about a 9.3% 'lighter option' :whistle:

Tucking into the last mini-keg of my AG Dunkelweizen. Just realised I'm going to be about a week short of next homebrew being ready to drink...

2016_03_11_19_54_08.jpg

I know! Absolute rookie error. To avoid the situation arising again I've been brewing like a demon, and just ordered 25kg of pale malt from HTC :thumb:

Core values of HB

1) have fun
2) sanitise sanitise sanitise
3) Enjoy new styles and experimenting
4) Never run out!!!

AG2, Wilko Newkie Brown with East Kent Golding, first taste after 2 weeks in the bottle. Coopers Cerveza with Hallertau. It's dirty work but someone's got to do it (I'm getting hammered tonight). And my John Bull IPA with Saaz is still bubbling after two weeks and and I'd planned to bottle it tomorrow. I suppose I'll have to do the runs up to the dump that SWMBO's threatening me with......Sorry, re-cycling centre as one of of their employees confirmed to me a fortnight ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back