What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This..and yes, it is beer, of a sort..

2016-03-11%2017.49.01.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like 'Sign of Spring' ??

Tastes nice though doesn't it, if you close your eyes you'd never realise that it looks like Fairy Liquid, I had a pint in a Wetherspoons on Thursday and always look forward to it this time of year, felt like a celebrity as loads of people asked about it.
Decent brewery 'Stonehenge' as well, if you see their beers always worth a try......:thumb:

Last night it was Thornbridge 'Kill Your Darlings' and Arbor Ales 'Monsoon Saison', which were both excellent.

Oh yes, Kill Your Darlings is an excellent tipple.

Had loads of ace beers this weekend:

Buxton, Axe Edge - bottled last July, so getting on a bit but still an absolutely beauty. Still my #1 IPA
Buxton, Ace Edge - bags of sorachi ace, really good showcase for the hops (not a patch on the Axe Edge though)
Brew By Numbers, 55:01 - Double IPA with Citra Mosaic and Simcoe. Superb boozy big DIPA. Not as light as the Cloudwater DIPA or Beavertown Double Chin, but still rediculously drinkable and flavourful for a 10%er
Brewdog, Albino Squid Assassin - heard this being critised for not being hoppy/in you face/Brewdoggy enough, but I loved it. Perfectly balanced with all the flavours you could want from a red rye ipa.
Magic Rock, High Wire Grapefruit - absolute **** ton of Grapefruit. A juicy grapefruit as opposed to bitter grapefruit. A touch too much for my liking leaving it a little unbalanced. Need to try the normal High Wire for comparison really.

Roll on Friday!

Oh yes, Kill Your Darlings is an excellent tipple.

Had loads of ace beers this weekend:

Buxton, Axe Edge - bottled last July, so getting on a bit but still an absolutely beauty. Still my #1 IPA
Buxton, Ace Edge - bags of sorachi ace, really good showcase for the hops (not a patch on the Axe Edge though)
Brew By Numbers, 55:01 - Double IPA with Citra Mosaic and Simcoe. Superb boozy big DIPA. Not as light as the Cloudwater DIPA or Beavertown Double Chin, but still rediculously drinkable and flavourful for a 10%er
Brewdog, Albino Squid Assassin - heard this being critised for not being hoppy/in you face/Brewdoggy enough, but I loved it. Perfectly balanced with all the flavours you could want from a red rye ipa.
Magic Rock, High Wire Grapefruit - absolute **** ton of Grapefruit. A juicy grapefruit as opposed to bitter grapefruit. A touch too much for my liking leaving it a little unbalanced. Need to try the normal High Wire for comparison really.

Roll on Friday!
Where'd you get the BBN one from?

Where'd you get the BBN one from?

My workmate went down to the brewery in London on launch day and picked me up a bottle - his folks live in Kent and he was visiting for the weekend.

Cost £6 which is a bit rich! Was bloody good though.

I have feeling I may be drinking Guinness at some point, I have already left instructions that I am not to be served Jameson under any circumstances.

Having a Titanic Plum Porter tonight on the old BeerBods. Being from sunny Wolverhampton, I've had this one loads of times before as it's pretty popular all over the Midlands. It pops up in Lidl for �£1.50 quite often too.

I used to think it was quite a subtle plum flavour, but over the past 6 months or so I've really gotten the taste for stouts and porters and my palatte is well set up for picking up the subtle differences within that style. I now find the Plum Porter reeeeeeaaaalllly plummy - almost too much.

We'll see how it tastes tonight.

Also got one of the new Buxton Brewery Belgian range sitting on my that's tempting me today for some reason. It's the Anglo-Beligique IPA. Buxton are IPA masters so I'm really keen to see how much of the Belgian side of things shines through.

The Plum Porter was delicious. Sweet and fruity, but I chilled it more than I usually do, which seemed to stop it being overly plum-flavoured and sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back