What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night's selections:

Cloudwater, Seville Orange Sour - not normally a sour fan, but this one is ace. Super refreshing. Almost like an alcoholic orange squash.
Parizan, Porter - dark fruits, loads of coffee, toffee and chocolate. An almost brandy sort of flavour to it, which is amazing considering it's only 5.1% abv and isn't barrel aged. Would definitely buy this again.
Buxton, Anglo-Belgique IPA - holy **** this is amazing. Perfect balance between Belgian funky spice and their world class American style IPA. It's up there with Axe Edge I think.
Cloudwater, DIPA v2 - unbeatable double IPA. So drinkable for the abv, which you can't taste but you still get the warmth. Big sticky pineapple and lemon citrus. So glad I got a few of these when I had the chance!

2 bottles of my hopped and treacled Scottish heavy
1 bottle of my "stock" Scottish heavy
1 bottle of ag 1 (currently in glass)
1 bottle of Ag2 to be poured at half time

Went to the irwell brewery today, had a few taster/pints. Nothing special then went to my mates and had a keg of my Slovenian hoppy pale ale. Lovely drop, enjoyed by all

Northern Monk, New World IPA - sex in a can. ****ing awesome drop.

My 15 minute boil american ipa, nice clean taste.

61ed44d3529bed4d8d00156e24bd2078.jpg

London Bitter - Recipe from my GH book but I used half dark crystal and half caragold instead of 396g medium crystal . I also used first gold hops and Wyeast 1469. It's got a kind of creamy flavour which I'm not sure where its come from. May be the yeast, although I didnt get a creamy flavour the first time I used it in a porter. Or may be the caragold as I've never used it before. Anyhoo - it's lovely

Had a stubby full of my AG barley wine which has been in bottle for 2 months earlier. Very nice, with the malt coming through really well. Slight raw alcohol taste makes me think it needs another couple of months before it's really on form. Now having a pint of my AG Timothy Taylor Landlord clone which has been in the keg for a couple of weeks. Fantastic pint and a recipe I have used before and will be using again.

This is the barley wine. Nice colour and very clear.

image.jpeg

2 for 1 at the hotel bar. The wide wanted a Guinness so I sank the free one. On the hobgoblin gold myself, was tempted by the dead pony club though

I have done a Geordie Yorkshire bitter, not as a 40 pint kit but as a 32 pint S.G.5,000 F.G.1008 ,I brewed till it was constant over 3 days at 1008 then kegged it at left it for 2 weeks at room temp , then realised the keg fit in my fridge so I bought an under counter fridge for my milk an stuff, and now it gets presidents over lettuce in the main fridge , its good when you have a partner that appreciates good ale......

Had a stubby full of my AG barley wine which has been in bottle for 2 months earlier. Very nice, with the malt coming through really well. Slight raw alcohol taste makes me think it needs another couple of months before it's really on form. Now having a pint of my AG Timothy Taylor Landlord clone which has been in the keg for a couple of weeks. Fantastic pint and a recipe I have used before and will be using again.

This is the barley wine. Nice colour and very clear.

lovely.

barley wine is on my to do list :-)

I have done a Geordie Yorkshire bitter, not as a 40 pint kit but as a 32 pint S.G.5,000 F.G.1008 ,I brewed till it was constant over 3 days at 1008 then kegged it at left it for 2 weeks at room temp , then realised the keg fit in my fridge so I bought an under counter fridge for my milk an stuff, and now it gets presidents over lettuce in the main fridge , its good when you have a partner that appreciates good ale......

Blimey that's strong nearly 523% beer there :lol:

I always put four bottles of my brews aside and I hold them for a minimum of four months, tonight I had a Coopers English Bitter I bottled on 08/02/15 my second ever brew. It was gorgeous, it's really matured nicely, and I've still got three left!!

I bottled 23 litres of that this afternoon. Brewed with 1kg of Light Dry Malt Extract. It was great and a favourite with my friends last time.

Right now I'm knocking back a couple of Cooper Real Ales. I wish the English bitter was ready. The real ale is nowhere near as good.

Coopers Euro Lager with 100g of Falconers Flight and Black Rock Pilsner with Nelson Sauvin, oh and a Festival Razorback and all are absolutely blooming lovely.
Isnt homebrew amazing, best hobby around :)

Decided to crack open a bottle of my first ever AG that I bottled last week. It's a SMaSH with Maris Otter and Amarillo. It's really well carbonated already , although it needs to clear a lot more. Taste wise it's a pretty basic lager/ale type of affair...would definitely dry hop it next time and maybe add another type of hop later in the boil for a bit more flavour. Cheers everyone!

Went for a walk earlier and popped in my local and had a pint of thunderbolt by Glamorgan Brew Co. Another lovely pint by them, really impressed by their offerings.

Decided feck it, ragged the lid of my King Keg down as hard as i could with the little tool after banging some sugar in and watching the yeast go mad for it (Love that part) Beer is now carbonating nicely, so I'm celebrating both my birthday (tmorro) and being off for 2 weeks (Easter hols, bangin!) with several bottles of Golden pale ale, tonights offerings are Boon Doggle and Hobgoblin Gold. I might even grab a sneaky pint of my own Pride of London, it might be cloudy but it tastes amazing!

ERRRR.. just to be boring ...a Brewdog

Up date...yee Hawwww
American IPA...bit young in the bottle
BUT
it gets a wow from me

Just cracked a batemans Mocha .... Gawd... that is Lush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back