What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying this Pistonhead Kustom Lager tonight. Not bad but not hoppy enough for my liking. However as far a lagers go it's good.

38a92624bf78b33f6c4ccbb99130b02b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coopers Cerveza, John Bull IPA, Simply Yorkshire Bitter, Simply Stout and maybe an AG2 and then probably night nights.

Trying desperately to let first three batches of AG condition and with only some crapy kit beer in the shed I did a cheeky Tesco 4 for 6.
Went Guinness west indies porter, sharps atlantic, sierra Nevada pale and proper black IPA.

Sainsburys TTD American Pale Ale. It's brewed by The Tap Room Brewery, New York. Aroma is absolutely zero, nothing, nada. Flavour is actually rather malty with slight marmalade bitterness to finish. Pretty full bodied for a pale ale, which I normally expect to be a bit lighter bodied. It's not unpleasant at all, in fact it's quite nice, but for an APA it's severely lacking any up front hop hit. I can't tell what hops were used at all to finish, maybe a waft of Northern Brewer, but is that used as a late addition...? I didn't think it was, but maybe I'm wrong.

DSC_0465.jpg

Tonight trying a Brewferm Ambiorix, and its lovely, then a glass of Shiraz. Good health:thumb:

Brewdog Born To Die (with one day to spare). Absolutely amazing. Big bitterness, bags of pine, resin, herbal notes with a healthy dose of tropical aroma and flavour.
Quite the contrast to the New England style juice bombs from the likes of Cloudwater and Magic Rock at the moment, but I think I prefer this classic West Coast style to be honest. It's like a reawakening! Similar impact to when I tried Buxton Axe Edge for the first time - WOW, I had no idea beer can taste like this.

Tonight I am going shop bought, picked up some plum porter, and a selection of craft stuff from morrisons. Trying a elvis juice first, it's a very nice drink but I don't think I could drink loads of it

The Plum Porter is awesome. Really tasty beer. Got myself an Elvis Juice in the shed. Will be cracking it once we get a nice weekend, weather wise. Pairing it with a Beavertown Bloody 'Ell and a Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker for some fruity fun!

I really like the Elvis Juice v2.0 prototype they did a few months back, but the final release is different apparently.

Drinking my first ever brew tonight which is Simply PA. Learning the lesson of patience as it tastes beter Tha last week already. Petty good actually I'm very happy with the result.

Must get some brewing loop going though, waiting is driving me nuts.

Tonight been drinking a proper job(shop bought) and the last two bottles of my last batches. A Hobgoblin clone and a elderflower honey ale which was unfortunately flat and hasn't packed the flavour punch like the other bottles have. The Hobgoblin one however went down nice with a steak.

c1b7a7fea142529f01a66cc468ec82a9.jpg
coopers Canadian blonde Brewed with beer enhancer. Lovely drop in the warm weather

The Plum Porter is awesome. Really tasty beer. Got myself an Elvis Juice in the shed. Will be cracking it once we get a nice weekend, weather wise. Pairing it with a Beavertown Bloody 'Ell and a Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker for some fruity fun!

I really like the Elvis Juice v2.0 prototype they did a few months back, but the final release is different apparently.
The porter is lovely. My local lidl had a load there today so I picked up a couple of bottles ready for when the sun goes back in.

Ooh, might have to check my Lidl too. Plum Porter is just as much as summer drink as any pale ale as far as I'm concerned :D

I'm drinking one of my disappointing brown ales. It's not turned out well, not sure why. My first real disappointment. Better after three months in the bottle, but still not great. Came out stronger than I was expecting at around 7%...so I'll get it drunk....But glad when it's gone.

Trying my Witbier tonight, not 2 weeks bottled yet but its very quaffable, orange and corriander and the noble hops and the funky wit yeast ... Weird they all blend together with not a single one coming out on top..
I remember reading on BYO that he didn't think American hop versions of wits work because the citrus just imbalances the other flavours.. I can perhaps understand that now ( I was going to try an american wit too but may change that).

Had another Pseudo Pilsner, really lovely this one had been lagered for several weeks aswell..

brewdog mr president for me and mrs D_O_J wanted a 'guiness like' dark beer so I gave her one....

it was a ris-key business and at 10%+ in a 330ml bottle made sure she'll had a good night's sleep :lol:

it is literally - stunning! :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back