What are you drinking tonight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Marks and Sparks before and got their Salted Caramel Porter, double hopped citra ipa, black ipa, lowland glebe amber and a Sierra nevada pale Ale.

I'm having the Porter as I type, I can't taste the Salted Caramel but it's still a decent Porter, a distinct roasted flavour.
M & S is cheatin

Oh, yes a glass of my summer Glory Tweak...top notch I would say... very refreshing ..Jeez its been hot today

Had one of my eureka Smash which was plesant actually

Now on the remains of a butty bach after starting the culture with the trub.. Its nice enough, not too strong in flavour but quaffable, but I don't knwo if its because its bottle conditioned but it seems a little bit too fizzy.

Had one of my eureka Smash which was plesant actually

Now on the remains of a butty bach after starting the culture with the trub.. Its nice enough, not too strong in flavour but quaffable, but I don't knwo if its because its bottle conditioned but it seems a little bit too fizzy.

Probably. One of the weird beard beers had was withdrawn because it was bottle condtioned because it was mashed high it kept fermenting out all the sugars and over carbing - think it was called small killers or tiny assissins or some such

Enjoying the football with a bottle of Brewdog's Hardcore IPA 9.2% ABV. Very nice but blimey its strong!
To think I was considering my bottle of Tokyo Intergalactic Stout at 16.5% ABV. I thought better of that I decided to save it for a cold night in front of the fire. :drink:

Enjoying the football with a bottle of Brewdog's Hardcore IPA 9.2% ABV. Very nice but blimey its strong!
To think I was considering my bottle of Tokyo Intergalactic Stout at 16.5% ABV. I thought better of that I decided to save it for a cold night in front of the fire. :drink:

wise choice with the tokyo, not really a summer beer (unless you need to forget the earlier part of the evening :lol:)

Just cracked into my first clibits American IRA:thumb:
Think I'm a good week early and its lush already.
Cheers Clibits

Been slurping on Youngs Special in the pub earlier. Some people think youngs beer is a bit bland but I love they're Special. For me a perfect example of a session beer

With a extra couple of days off today I decided to have a couple. Started off with a Slovenian pale ale and then a Dark Belgian Abbey Ale - bloody hell its strong (9.6% in a pint bottle) . I thought of going to bed but I have just opened a double stout I picked up from lidl. Not bad for 89p.

Last few bottles of Summer Glory, for me ..EXTRA COLD..very nice indeed

Probably not up to the standard of ale drinkers but a few bottles of my fav beer Brooklyn Lager.

Once I get going I aim to perfect a recipe.

Having the ESB based on Greg Hughes receipe and using SN yeast.

only 11 days in teh bottle, its a touch undercarbed still (although its actually nice being like that as its more like draft so I won't be upset if it stays like this)

Really nice, a bit of haze still but this is going to be a winner, if youlike your Bishops fingers and what not check out the recipe and the shepherds neame yeast

Fulstow Breweries Northway IPA and Own Recipe Bitter.

I have broken all of my own rules on this one 'cos I was getting worried that I might run out of beer! :doh: :doh:

It was started on Monday 6th June, cold crashed overnight last Saturday and bottled/kegged on Sunday 13th. (A week before I normally even look at a brew!)

I opened a bottle by accident (poor chalk marks on the shelves!) the next day and it didn't taste too good so I decided I would try again tonight and discovered that there had been a dramatic improvement.

As described in the advertising it is beginning to develop "a citrusy aroma" and become "a very hoppy IPA" so I finished off the pint and currently have a bitter in the glass to round off the evening.

I will now leave the IPA for two weeks (or until I run out of the beer that is sitting on the shelf) and hope that it develops as promised.

In the meantime, I have two 23 litre kits (bitter and lager) bubbling away and a Fulstow Brewery "Recession Session" AG kit ready to go when I have the time. :thumb: :thumb:

Busy life this brewing isn't it? :whistle: :whistle:

I thought I would just stick with a hefe tonight but the wife decided she wanted some of it, and then decided we should have another drink, she had a Slovenian pale ale and I had a vanilla porter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back